Windows 10: How to use PowerShell to Delete or Create a Scheduled Task on Windows 10

Discus and support How to use PowerShell to Delete or Create a Scheduled Task on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to delete or create a scheduled task on Windows 10 using […] This article How to use PowerShell to Delete or Create a Scheduled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use PowerShell to Delete or Create a Scheduled Task on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Tomas_K89 Win User

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Hello Microsoft team,

I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10.

I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all devices separately.

Could you please give me a hand with it?

Tomas_K89, Feb 11, 2021
  3. created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it

Hi,

As per your concern to delete the scheduled task, try the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the task scheduler by pressing Windows + R
    keys, and type taskschd.msc

2. Click on the task scheduler(Local)
    in the left pane.

3. Now under the Active tasks, select the task you have created.

4. Double click on the task.

5. It will navigate you to the created task. Now, right click on the task, and click on
    delete option, and confirm it.

Do let us know the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Tasks still show in Task Scheduler despite being deleted

The OP has not mentioned deleting any program files.
    The folder identified by the OP contains Task scheduler task definitions and nothing else.

I am not trying to suggest that the method the OP used is a good one.

Denis

Thema:

1. How to use PowerShell to Delete or Create a Scheduled Task on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PowerShell Delete Create

2. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  3. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to delete Scheduled Task in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete Scheduled Task in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When you enable Scheduled Task on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you can create an automated Task using Task Scheduler on your system. In this post, we will show you how to delete Scheduled Task in Windows 11/10 using Task Scheduler, Command prompt,...
  6. How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10: [ATTACH]PowerShell scripts reduce the effort in running repetitive tasks. If you are frequently executing scripts at pre-defined times or specified time intervals, you may want […] This article How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10 first...
  7. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  8. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  9. create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home: create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home I am certain this has been covered somewhere, but can't find it....maybe could be added to restore point tutorials section.. did in create one but never seemed to work.. thanks 19973
  10. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...