Windows 10: How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10

Discus and support How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Webcams are typically small cameras that sit on a desk, attach to a user’s […] This article How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 27, 2021

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Hi Kevin

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a. Press Windows key + R

b. Type: control printers

c. Hit Enter

d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e. Right click on Logitech webcam.

f. Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a. Press Windows + X, click Device Manager.

b. Click Imaging devices.

c. Right click on webcam.

d. Click Disable.

Andre for Directly, Feb 27, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63498-Windows-10-TNBT-(The-next-big-tweak)-official-thread

OneMoar, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PowerShell find disable

2. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable UAC using powershell: Hi team, I have a script that runs via task scheduler for the script to run it has to open powershell as adminso the issue is when the script runs during the schedule, there is a popup that wants the user to click ok to open powershell as adminis there a script that i can add...
  3. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable UAC using powershell: Hi team, I have a script that runs via task scheduler for the script to run it has to open powershell as adminso the issue is when the script runs during the schedule, there is a popup that wants the user to click ok to open powershell as adminis there a script that i can add...
  4. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell: [ATTACH]If you want to find Windows Update size using PowerShell, here is how you can do that. Although Windows Settings could do it easily, you can use PowerShell to do the same within moments. For that, you need to install a script as there is no in-built PowerShell command...
  6. How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 comes with a pre-installed PowerShell cross-platform tool. This is a very important […] This article How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to use an outdated webcam in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use an outdated webcam in windows 10?: I have an old webcam which i found to be manufactured by "Quantum ","QHMLP group" with a model no. on the back that says QHM480LM. I am trying to make it work with my current laptop.But it seems i cannot due to absence of driver.Iwent to device manager,it is listed under...
  8. How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and am having a difficult time disabling the powershell. *Banghead This is something that I never use and the reason I want to disable it is to prevent it from popping up when the computer is started. I have googled how to disable it, but...
  9. How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows PowerShell is a powerful utility that comes preinstalled on Windows 10. Microsoft has been pushing it hard to become useful for developers and IT professionals. Windows PowerShell can also be used to manage hard drive and SSDs. In this [...] This...
  10. how to disable powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable powershell: I unticked it in windows features, but if I type "powershell" in search box, I get two versions of it, and they both execute. So how do I disable this thing? While we are at it, how can I disable other exploitable processes that the standard Windows user doesn't need?...