Windows 10: How to use Process Explorer, MS's free, supercharged Task Manager

Discus and support How to use Process Explorer, MS's free, supercharged Task Manager in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This powerful utility makes the built-in Task Manager obsolete. If you’ve been using Windows for a while, there’s a good chance you’ve had to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Borg 386, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

How to use Process Explorer, MS's free, supercharged Task Manager

How to use Process Explorer, Microsoft's free, supercharged Task Manager alternative | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Mar 24, 2017

2. Security Task Managaer

Security Task Manager is free for a 30-day trial period...then you have to pay $29. IMO there a better alternatives that allow you to investigate
    running processes, programs that run at startup, services and gather additional information which do not cost anything:
    Note: Process Hacker, System Explorer, Process Explorer and AnVir Task Manager Free allow you to right-click on a process and submit it to Jotti's virusscan, VirusTotal, or Camas Comodo for analysis.

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 24, 2017
  3. battery not recognised after reset

You need to ask Dell Support and Forums to be sure as something running may not be that obvious as to its functions.

Right Click Taskbar - Task Manager - check Startup tab

and on Processes tab check BackGround and Windows Processes sections.

You can also install Process Explorer - Free to see if you can see something there.

Process Explorer - Free

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

I would not agree that it makes TaskManager obsolete. TM, particularly the performance tabs, is a concise summary of your system resources. Process Explorer is much more verbose, which isn't always what you want or need.

They really are designed for different purposes.

Mystere, Mar 24, 2017
  5. EliteData Win User
    i also concur with your statement, i would not replace the built in "Task Manager" with "Process Explorer" but i would use either when needed, "Task Manager" for the concise summary of your system resources and "Process Explorer" for the concise summary on a running process.

EliteData, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use Process Explorer, MS's free, supercharged Task Manager - Similar Threads - Process Explorer MS's

2. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  3. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  4. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  5. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  6. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. task manager processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  8. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  9. Processes / Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processes / Task Manager: i have approximately 150-170 processes in task manager every time i open my laptop, is this normal or not ? and my laptop often get hot when i do simpel task like browsing is there any setting that microsoft can do to reduce the processes in task manager? [ATTACH]...
  10. Task Manager vs Process Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager vs Process Explorer: [ATTACH] I've been trying to figure out why Task Manager constantly says my CPU is at 100%. The problem is that it wants any app or service to take up the CPU. I also downloaded Process Explorer not too long ago and it never says 100% CPU. Now I'm wondering if I should...