Windows 10: How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting?

Discus and support How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; NOTE: I might be posting this question on wrong forum if that is the case please direct me to correct forum. Thanks. So I helped user install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jackin, Apr 16, 2020.

1. jackin Win User

How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting?

NOTE: I might be posting this question on wrong forum if that is the case please direct me to correct forum. Thanks.

So I helped user install a security camera SmartViewer v4.9.8 Full Software from:

https://www.hanwhasecurity.com/smart-viewer.html

However, the program will not open from the desktop icon from start menu or from program files folder.

I cannot see program running in task manager.

I disabled AV, no good.

I allowed the app through Windows firewall no good.

Then I installed Process Monitor and set filter to only monitor software execute I see it running, process status: SUCCESS, but I don't see any Window.Any guidance what other tool or things I should be looking at in a process monitor for a program which won't start which may help what is preventing it from bringing user interface.

How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting? 127d1246-5d8b-4d22-89d2-1c2b661a8eb7?upload=true.jpg

As per manual given on https://www.hanwhasecurity.com/smart-viewer.html SmartViewer does not require admin account to open it.

:)

jackin, Apr 16, 2020

2. How to get a program to start up on monitor 2

Hello,

You may customize your display and place the icons of the programs that you like in your preferred monitor. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then click System.
    • Click Display and then place your programs or icons to monitor 2.
    • Click the monitor 2, put a check mark in "Make this my main display" and then click Apply.
    Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Apr 16, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 16, 2020
  4. How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting?

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting?

1. How to use process monitor to find out why a program is not starting? - Similar Threads - process monitor find

2. Verify the number of processes a program is using

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify the number of processes a program is using: I have an AWS upload python script that I've configured to use 6 processes. I want to verify that it is using all 6. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit and I have Wireshark installed, but I really don't know much about Wireshark. I'm pretty sure the process uses https, so it would...
  3. Using Process Monitor to trace execution of a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Process Monitor to trace execution of a program: I'm troubleshooting an issue with a shortcut, which doesn't actually execute the program that it points to. What I mean is that I think the name of any shortcut is simply the name of the shortcut and not necessarily the name of the executable. Please see my question "How to...
  4. Using Process Monitor to trace execution of a programow to trace execution of a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Process Monitor to trace execution of a programow to trace execution of a program: I'm troubleshooting an issue with a shortcut, which doesn't actually execute the program that it points to. What I mean is that I think the name of any shortcut is simply the name of the shortcut and not necessarily the name of the executable. Please see my question "How to...
  5. Using Process Monitor to trace execution of a programow to trace execution of a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Process Monitor to trace execution of a programow to trace execution of a program: I'm troubleshooting an issue with a shortcut, which doesn't actually execute the program that it points to. What I mean is that I think the name of any shortcut is simply the name of the shortcut and not necessarily the name of the executable. Please see my question "How to...
  6. Find out how to use windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Find out how to use windows 10: My new computer uses Windows 10 home 64 bits. I have downloaded from Microsoft Community a copy of Quick Start Guide to Windows 10 so that I can learn Windows 10. Where can I find this program on the computer so that I can download other parts of the program? Is this the...
  7. How to find out if my laptop is used or not?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find out if my laptop is used or not?: About last Christmas I got a new laptop from a friend. I had always suspected that it had been used, but she claims otherwise. Only recently, something came up and now I really want to know if this laptop is used or not. If possible how can I find out....
  8. Find out which background processes are not needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find out which background processes are not needed.: I am using a computer for playing games and a few other stuff. My Device's specs: [ATTACH] Windows's specs: [ATTACH] The game's that I play do not need use too much CPU and RAM when running alone. However occasionally the game will lag and I will need to restart game to...
  9. Can't find programs using the start menu search

in Cortana
    Can't find programs using the start menu search: Recently I am no longer able to find any programs using the start menu search, it just gives me things like downloaded files. For example, I can't find the control panel by typing in "control panel"....
  10. Finding unknown crashing process or program

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding unknown crashing process or program: Hi This afternoon (Sunday 26th Aug) I've started getting a Crash Log message appear on my PC with the following message: Crash Logs The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer? It then gives me the...