Windows 10: How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage???

Discus and support How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am currently running the newest version of windows 10 and I have an SSD for my OS only and a HDD as storage. And every time I install a program it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJboy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. JJboy Win User

How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage???

I am currently running the newest version of windows 10 and I have an SSD for my OS only and a HDD as storage. And every time I install a program it defaults to install on the SSD. I have changed the storage settings in windows so that apps and so on go will to the HDD but nothing seems to be going there, so what I have to do is keep on manually changing the install path when installing programs. So is there any way to make it so that it will default to the HDD instead of me having to keep on changing it to the HDD?

Thanks for reading! How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage??? :)

:)

JJboy, Jan 2, 2020
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Jan 2, 2020
  3. stefanels Win User

Hello again. I just want to know what is better for my 2nd PC... A 64Gb SSD for W7 OS or a 2Tb HDD for storage... t Both are priced the same (like 70 = 90 $)

stefanels, Jan 2, 2020
  4. MRCL Win User

If you don't need an SSD, get the 2tb drive. I have two SSDs, one 64gb for some programs and the OS, and a 180gb SSD for my games. Storage is on a 1tb HDD. If you don't use programs that profit considerably from an SSD (photoshop) and can live with Windows taking a bit longer to boot, get the 2tb drive.

MRCL, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage??? - Similar Threads - SSD HDD storage

2. How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer OS from HDD to SSD...?: I'm having a dell laptop with HDD....I'm planning of upgrading it to SSD..If i change HDD to SSD, then,How can I transfer/install the OS in SSD officially....?...
  3. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  4. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  5. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  7. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  8. Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage setup with a SSD and HDD: Hi I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage I have 1TB cloud storage with 365 and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred any data from my old pc...
  9. Storage pool with hdd and ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage pool with hdd and ssd: Hello I have made a what I think is a pretty sick gaming pc but its slow because of the hdd and I don't have any ssds big enough to suit my needs so I'm wondering if I can make a storage pool that will have the os on the ssd as well as my games that I use the most on there...
  10. How is Macrium restore used on pc with an SSD for OS and hdd for data

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How is Macrium restore used on pc with an SSD for OS and hdd for data: I have a laptop that has an SSD for its OS and program file and a second hdd for data I have made a cloned backup image of my laptop If one of my laptops drives should happen to fail how would I restore the drive that failed using the cloned image? 105678

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd os HDD storage

2. ssd for os and hdd for storage

3. how to use hdd as storage and ssd as os

4. how to use hdd as storage