Windows 10: How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware

Discus and support How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Here's the steps I'm doing, cuz i believe they may stop/disable UN-wanted software. I open up "System Configuration." & click on "Services."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gary_S_1943, Aug 22, 2019.

1. How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware

Hello,

Here's the steps I'm doing, cuz i believe they may stop/disable UN-wanted software.

I open up "System Configuration." & click on "Services." I see a very long list (counted @ 217 items). ALL have a check-mark. Some are "Running". Most are "stopped."

I put a check-mark in "Hide all Microsoft Services", and the display changes to 7 items (all with check-marks) and all are labeled "stopped."

"Enable all" is grayed out. I click-on "Disable all."

Each item's check-mark disappears. "Hide all Microsoft Services" is still checked.

I click "OK". The window closes on its own.

I want to check to see if Sys. Config. has retained these commands to 'Disable" this mass of software.

It didn't. Sys Config looks exactly like it did when began the process.

I did a re-boot & nothing was retained of my changes in Sys. Config. It's as if I did nothing.

Please would someone send me the correct steps on this ?

Thanks,

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Aug 22, 2019
  2. EarthDog Win User

ASUS Radeon R9 380X Strix 4GB

I believe he does that...

EarthDog, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade 'Bad Sys Config Info'

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that you are facing issues with your Windows 10 upgarde and getting an error ‘Bad Sys Config info’. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me with
    more information

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    The issue might be occurring because of some software conflict or corrupt graphic/display drivers. Please follow the below mentioned steps and check if the issue resolves

Method 1:

Step 1: Safe Mode

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third
    party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using. Please follow the below mentioned steps

• Click on the Power button on the login screen.

• Press and hold the SHIFT key on keyboard and simultaneously click on
      Restart option.

• Once your PC restarts, on theChoose an optionscreen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot. If you don't see the
      Startup Settings option, tap or click Advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting for
      Safe Mode with Networking (Generally F5 key is pressed to select this setting).

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

If the laptop boots in Safe Mode then, try step 2

Step 2: Clean Boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    To know more, follow the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

The same steps can be followed for Windows 10 operating system.

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section ‘How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting’.

Try method 2, if the computer boots in safe mode

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphic/display drivers

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

Step 1:
    Uninstall the
    Graphic/Display drivers

a) Press “Windows Logo”+
    X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the graphic/display drivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
    that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, you may again open the Device Manager and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button at the top of the Device Manager window and check if Windows 10 detects the network devices and installs an
    appropriate driver for it automatically. If that happens, then check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2:
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

If the issue occurs due to corrupt Graphic/Display Drivers, then you may refer to the manufactures’ website and install the latest Graphic/Display drivers for the device.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 22, 2019
  4. How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware

BF4 Config Utility

New! BF4 Config Utility v1.3

Change Log v1.3

• The latest update changed the config location. This version resolves that issue.
    • Added more console commands in the advanced tab. It's been a very busy day and I hope to have a bigger update tomorrow!
    Get it here! and it's in the OP.

Mindweaver, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware

1. How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware - Similar Threads - Sys Config rid

2. BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD: My PC ran into a BSOD and this was the displayed error: BAD SYS CONFIG INFO.Any ways to fix it?Here's everything I think is important to know:1The PC doesn't have any important files, it only has Steam along with a few games and other applications I need for school so I can...
  3. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...
  4. How to get rid of this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of this: i'm using vietnamese telex keyboard and every time i want to use shortcut key in adobe this apear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this/6d382a54-716b-4d72-b048-a57c5a79b41c
  5. How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hmmm3973441 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izbkfd/how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  6. Bad Sys Config

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Sys Config: My computer will not Restore. I have two dates that show, but neither one works when I try and restore. The Bad Sys Config error comes up each time I start my laptop. I have tried a few different command prompt work arounds today, nothing works. I have no idea what...
  7. How to get rid of McAfee pop up ( after un-installation)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of McAfee pop up ( after un-installation): Hello, I am in desperate need of some help. I had an issue w McAfee pop-up so I un-installed the service that came pre-loaded w my dell ( Windows 10) laptop. However, it contiues to pop up "reminding me" to run the service. The icon appears in the task bar and everything. If...
  8. Getting the Bad sys config error and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting the Bad sys config error and I don't know how to fix it.: Advice on fixing this error is greatly appreciated. I really don't want to spend $100+ to get a disk to fix this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-the-bad-sys-config-error-and-i-dont-know/cc1d1ab4-4343-4935-9936-6ff93faf6ea9
  9. cpu miner what is the use for it and how to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu miner what is the use for it and how to get rid of it: hey guys, CPU MINER comes up in the task manager (something to do with Bitcoins) and i want to get rid of it. Do not find anything in the registry, in fact do not find it anywhere. But i do not want it. Is there a program or something that i can do to solve this...
  10. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481