Windows 10: how to use systemr restore to go back before update

Discus and support how to use systemr restore to go back before update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help to know how to use system restore so that I can go back to time before windeos update comes out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by diethersmith, Jun 23, 2022.

1. how to use systemr restore to go back before update

I need help to know how to use system restore so that I can go back to time before windeos update comes out.

:)

diethersmith, Jun 23, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to use systemr restore to go back before update [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 23, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond how to use systemr restore to go back before update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 23, 2022
  4. deving Win User

how to use systemr restore to go back before update

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

how to use systemr restore to go back before update

1. how to use systemr restore to go back before update - Similar Threads - systemr restore before

2. Go back to format before last update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go back to format before last update?: A few days ago my laptop updated. I didn't even notice it and I was able to use it while it updated so that was good. BUT I hate the new update and format! Onenote and Word are especially bad since I use them every day as a student. The new update changed the format and now...
  3. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  4. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  5. how to use systemr restore to go back before update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to use systemr restore to go back before update: I need help to know how to use system restore so that I can go back to time before windeos update comes out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-systemr-restore-to-go-back-before/198671f6-b48e-4980-89f8-6ff0149cd9c3
  6. how to use systemr restore to go back before update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use systemr restore to go back before update: I need help to know how to use system restore so that I can go back to time before windeos update comes out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-systemr-restore-to-go-back-before/198671f6-b48e-4980-89f8-6ff0149cd9c3
  7. Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update: The next update is 25th march right? And 25th march update requires early installation. Can i go back in time using system restore before new windows update comes or few days before windows update comes?...
  8. Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update: The next update is 25th march right? And 25th march update requires early installation. Can i go back in time using system restore before new windows update comes or few days before windows update comes?...
  9. Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update

10. how to go back to before latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to go back to before latest windows 10 update: How do I go back to before latest windows10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-go-back-to-before-latest-windows-10-update/c770531d-b807-4600-8336-b83f828fe404