Windows 10: How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

Discus and support How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyson Le, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Tyson Le Win User

How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX Cloud Earbuds, its mic worked perfectly on my mobile phone but didn't work as well on the laptop. I bought a audio splitting cord/adapter but the quality was still far from itself on the mobile phone. I guess the Earbuds is just not entirely compatible with PC.

For the reasons above, I would like to know if there is a way to use the laptop's built-in microphone instead of earbuds, because I still want to listen to the sound from the earphones but its mic is just not very usable. I got into the Settings but at the Input section I can only see one option which is "Microphone (Realtek(R) Audio)". I looked up for solutions on the internet as well but so far none of them worked.

:)

Tyson Le, Sep 28, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect
    any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal
    mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Sep 28, 2019
  4. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

How to use both built-in Microphone and earphones (Earphones do not have mic) at the same time?

Config: Acer F15 Laptop Windows 10.

My built in desktop Mic works perfect and so do earphones separately.

My earphones do not have mic so I want to use built in desktop mic while plugging my earphones but mic do not detect any sound..

My friend uses lenovo, and built in/desktop mic detects sound when I connect same earphones.(On windows 10)

How do I enable or use both at same time ? Couldn't find resolution on net.

prashankmehta1990, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

1. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic? - Similar Threads - built laptop mic

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  4. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  5. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  6. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  7. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  8. Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic: I'm having a recent issue after I reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, it started to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the microphone on my earphones. I have tried many possible solutions such as re-installing my audio drivers but that didn't work. For added...
  9. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic: My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to manually select the headphone mic, however only two mic options appear "Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio" & "Microphone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows listens to screen mic instead of headphone

2. ear buds mic not working