Windows 10: How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app

Discus and support How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried using the Phone app that comes with windows 10. After opening the app I got a message saying: Calls you make and receive on your PC will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesQStokes, Oct 6, 2018.

1. How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app

I tried using the Phone app that comes with windows 10. After opening the app I got a message saying:

Calls you make and receive on your PC will appear here. Sign in to a calling app or service on your PC, and then check back here after calling.

At the top of the app, I see two tabs. The first is a clock-face with an arrow making a counter-clockwise circle around the clock hands. I assume this tab is for call history. The second tab is a star and looks like it is where my frequently contacted phone numbers would go.

If this was a regular phone I would expect a third tab for a dial pad. Is this app meant to make phone calls, or is it only a place to look at past phone calls I have made? I very much doubt this and feel like the app is missing something. Will the dial pad only appear if I connect it to a phone calling app/service? If so is it possible to connect it to Google Voice or some other free service?

At the moment I use Google Hangouts whenever I make a phone call, however, I think it would be nice to have another option to use when my browser is closed.

Thanks for the help!

:)

JamesQStokes, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 6, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app

why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app

1. How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app - Similar Threads - native Phone app

2. Windows 10 native apps not downloading or installing anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 native apps not downloading or installing anything: Hi MS supportI have a stubborn problem which I am at a loss how to fix. Windows 10 on one of my PCs has a huge problem with MS Store, Xbox app and Windows Update - essentially what I would call native apps. The apps simply wont download content. In ms store, I can find...
  3. Windows 10 native android app emulation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 native android app emulation: This is primarily a feature request, if we make enough noise, maybe someone at Microsoft notices. Back in the W10 mobile days, they NEARLY got Android app emulation working. Project Astoria carried promise, i had Android apps running on my desktop. And then they killed it....
  4. How can I install Linux apps on Windows natively using WSL2?

How can I install Linux apps on Windows natively using WSL2?: I have recently updated to version 2004 and enabled WSL2 via the instructions provided by Microsoft. I have installed Ubuntu. I want to know if it is possible to install GUI apps natively without any server. submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  5. Native photos app for windows 10

Native photos app for windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VURORA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2noj9/native_photos_app_for_windows_10/
  6. How to use Your Phone app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Your Phone app in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has invested a lot in both the Android and iOS ecosystem. One of the efforts made is Your Phone app. Its a built-in feature in Windows 10, which brings notifications, the ability to reply to them, receive and send [...] This post How to use Your...
  7. How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app: Microsoft recently launched the Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that aims to bring your PC and phone closer. For this article, we’re going to concentrate on Windows 10 Your Phone app and Android device integration. If you’re part of the Insider program, you can install...
  8. Checking for native app updates without using PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking for native app updates without using PC: Is there a way or a website to look on where one can be aware of/notified of any MS native app updates that have been released. Kind of like a live feed. I am pretty OCD and kind of fear the native app updates as MS has burned my fingers many times. So at the moment I...
  9. Need phone app for Windows 10 using and Edge.

Need phone app for Windows 10 using and Edge.: I'm trying to find a telecommuting job. Some like U-Haul require the use of usb headphones with a mic. I have a pair I used a few years ago and would like to test them to see if they're still working properly by calling my wife from my laptop. I've ran into a few road blocks...
  10. How do use the MAIL app on an android phone

How do use the MAIL app on an android phone: I am currently using Windows Live and at the end of June, MS won't be syncing with the Windows 10 Mail app and guess I have to use the Mail app and I can't see how to setup on android. 54179