Windows 10: How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10

Discus and support How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an inbuilt Network Sniffer Tool — PktMon.exe — to monitor internal packet propagation and packet drop reports. This tool can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10

WinClub, May 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, May 18, 2020
  4. How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10

Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10

1. How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network Sniffer Tool

2. Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server: Yes, I still use WHS even though it's old and likely not secure but it has come in very handy in the past. My old WHS became unstable so I installed it on a different server. I ran the WHS connector on laptop A all laptops are Windows 10 and everything went fine. I then ran...
  3. Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server: Yes, I still use WHS even though it's old and likely not secure but it has come in very handy in the past. My old WHS became unstable so I installed it on a different server. I ran the WHS connector on laptop A all laptops are Windows 10 and everything went fine. I then ran...
  4. Use pktmon to solve problem with client connecting to Windows Home Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 quietly got a built-in network sniffer, how to use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 quietly got a built-in network sniffer, how to use: submitted by /u/clash1111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkvzax/windows_10_quietly_got_a_builtin_network_sniffer/
  6. Windows 10 quietly got a built-in network sniffer, how to use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 quietly got a built-in network sniffer, how to use: submitted by /u/clash1111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkvzax/windows_10_quietly_got_a_builtin_network_sniffer/
  7. Windows 10 to get a useful new tool for reserved storage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get a useful new tool for reserved storage: Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) was shipped with a new feature called ‘reserved storage’, which reserves a portion of system storage to ensure that Windows Updates and drivers will work reliably when space is low. Introduced with the May 2019 Update,...
  8. Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer?: So a few weeks ago Windows 1903 tried to install on my PC but thankfully after a few days the Restart option went away and I didn't have to install it. But the New OS is still taking up space on my SSD. Is it safe for me to delete. Just to let you know my Windows update...
  9. Using A New .exe For An Application ?

Using A New .exe For An Application ?: Hello, Have had somewhat contradictory results with this, so thought I'd just ask: I have an .exe file for an application. A new version has just come out. I know I can delete the old .exe one, and use the new one; no problem. But was wondering: can I just put...
  10. Software Reporter Tool. exe

Software Reporter Tool. exe: To my knowledge this subject has been around for several months with a few people asking the same question and never receiving a believable answer. Google suddenly downloaded "software_reporter_tool.exe" on a friends computer way back when and when he checked on what it was,...