Windows 10: How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad

Discus and support How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, hope someone can advise? My Dad is terrible with computers, and trying to talk him through logging into skype just about drove me mad. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dave12cd, Jun 4, 2020.

1. dave12cd Win User

How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad

Hi, hope someone can advise? My Dad is terrible with computers, and trying to talk him through logging into skype just about drove me mad.

I would like to setup a TightVNC connection so I can access his PC remotely and help him get things sorted. I have tested this at home and I can access another laptop, but I am using my home network and the IP address of the laptop to connect.

Presumably if I try and connect to my Dad's PC I will need his IP address, but will that just be his normal PC IP address, or his Router IP address, or does something else need configured?

I don't want to attempt this and have it fail as my Dad is likely to unplug his PC for ever!

We are both on Windows 10.

Thanks in anticipation,

David

:)

dave12cd, Jun 4, 2020
  2. mkj307 Win User

Remote access

Teamviewer is working out nicely & is easy to use. I can access my laptop or desktop PC with my iPad Air 2. I'm using my laptop to access my sister's computer at another address. I'll keep your suggestion in mind in case I have a problem with TeamViewer. Thanks for your help!

mkj307, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 4, 2020
  4. How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad

How to run a bat file into remote computer without using any tools

Here are a few options:

• Use schtasks.exe /s MyRemotePC to create the task. You will have to become familiar with the various switches for schtasks.exe.
    • If the remote machine runs Windows Professional: Open a Remote Desktop session on the remote machine, then create the task with TaskSchd.msc.
    • If the remote machine runs Windows Home: Install TightVNC on it, then use VNCViewer.exe on your machine to take over the remote machine. Now use TaskSchd.msc to create the task.

Frederik Long, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad

1. How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad - Similar Threads - TightVNC remote computer

2. my dad died and can't access his computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my dad died and can't access his computer: my father died and left me his computer. unfortunately he didn't write down the password as i couldn't contact him as I live in another state. my father gave them said password. but no one wrote it down. I can provide email, death certification, and any information that is...
  3. my dad died and can't access his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dad died and can't access his computer: my father died and left me his computer. unfortunately he didn't write down the password as i couldn't contact him as I live in another state. my father gave them said password. but no one wrote it down. I can provide email, death certification, and any information that is...
  4. my dad died and can't access his computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  6. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  7. Inherited my dad's computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inherited my dad's computer: Hi, I inherited my dad's desktop. I do not know his Microsoft account password. I need to reinstall Windows 10. Is this possible without his password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inherited-my-dads-computer/f66a9f3c-19ec-444b-a985-2d391144d4be
  8. Accessing my Dad’s Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accessing my Dad’s Laptop: Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place but I need help accessing my dad’s Acer laptop running Windows 10. He recently passed away and I’m hoping there’s a way I can get past the password screen without knowing the password? Thank you submitted by /u/shocore...
  9. TightVNC service

TightVNC service: Hello, In the "Show hidden icons" found something new "TightVNC service", searched the net and found it is a program and to uninstall it to use the normal way, but it is not on the installed programs list, and not in the 'program files' folder. However found a line in the...
  10. How to allow remote access to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to allow remote access to my computer: I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo. no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that? 93868