Windows 10: How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot

Discus and support How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The 300GB partition is for Ubuntu 20.04 with dual boot with windows 10. I want to combine both unallocated partitions to create a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParagKatoch, Oct 6, 2020.

1. How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot

How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot 85a205d6-7170-4b1a-bb52-9997426df656?upload=true.png

The 300GB partition is for Ubuntu 20.04 with dual boot with windows 10.

I want to combine both unallocated partitions to create a separate partition

I got to know that windows disk management tool is not capable of doing it and I should use AOMEI assistant for it, But the problem is AOMEI assistant is showing my ubuntu partition as empty and combines it with the unallocated 189GB partition resulting in 489GB unallocated partition.

How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot b74cb484-5cf9-4a3c-80ae-d2766beb8286?upload=true.png

Is there any other method or tool which can solve my problem?

:)

ParagKatoch, Oct 6, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free - manage and resize disk partitions (also for 64bit OS!)

or

EaseUS Partition Master - manage disk partitions (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 6, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot

1. How to use unallocated space left in between partitions in dual boot - Similar Threads - unallocated space left

2. How to extend drive volume using unallocated space in dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to extend drive volume using unallocated space in dual boot: I am currently on dual boot 1 win 10 & 1 win 11 i created 2 extra partitions from my ssd now i want to add those extra partitions back to c and d drives but the extend volume option is greyed out any option to add unallocated space to both drives without any data loss or...
  3. How to extend drive volume using unallocated space in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend drive volume using unallocated space in dual boot: I am currently on dual boot 1 win 10 & 1 win 11 i created 2 extra partitions from my ssd now i want to add those extra partitions back to c and d drives but the extend volume option is greyed out any option to add unallocated space to both drives without any data loss or...
  4. How to extend drive volume using unallocated space in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  6. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  7. Unable to use the unallocated space present left to the local disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use the unallocated space present left to the local disks: I recently added a SSD in my computer and installed windows in it. At that time I formatted the local disk C of HDD and then deleted it. I thought to allocate that memory later. After the window installation the HDD has become dynamic disk and the unallocated memory is left...
  8. How to move unallocated disk space between partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move unallocated disk space between partitions: I have used up almost all of the space on my C: Drive and have plenty of storage in my F: Drive however after make Unallocated space from the F: Drive on Disk 2 I can't extend my C: Drive on Disk 0. Is there a way, without having to use 3rd party software, to move the...
  9. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  10. Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition: I just cloned my 250 GB SSD to a 500 GB SSD and installed the 500 GB SSD into my laptop. There is about 228 GB that is unallocated. I want to extend the D partition to use all of this unallocated space (unless it's a good idea to leave some space unallocated)? I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com