Windows 10: How to use wi-fi in safe mode?

Discus and support How to use wi-fi in safe mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please submitted by /u/I-am-Seravee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc5jrx/how_to_use_wifi_in_safe_mode/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I-am-Seravee, Mar 24, 2021.

1. How to use wi-fi in safe mode?

/u/I-am-Seravee, Mar 24, 2021
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Mar 24, 2021
  3. GigaWatt Win User
    Attempting to use Wi-Fi in Safe Mode with Networking

Because MS are treating Safe Mode with Networking as Safe Mode with LAN.

And your Wi-Fi card not working in safe mode problem is actually a hardware/driver problem. Some cards require other drivers or services to load in order for them to load properly. This is just poor hardware/driver design, because networking devices should be almost completely independent of any other (not networking related) drivers and services, but, apparently, that's not always the case.

But, for the Wi-Fi drivers that do load as expected in Safe Mode with Networking, this is my automated solution to connect to a desired Wi-Fi network while in Safe Mode with Networking (meaning, no more Log out, connect, blah blah blah).

GitHub - MechDR/automatically-connect-to-a-wi-fi-network-when-in-safe-mode-with-networking: Automatically Log-In On A Wi-Fi Network In Safe Mode With Networking

I do a lot of IT support remotely, so this was really a problem for me. I regularly have to disinfect infected computers (and other stuff) in safe mode, so automatically connecting to a Wi-Fi network while the PC/laptop is booting in Safe Mode with Networking was a must for me... and also the fact that I don't have to harass anyone at the other end to "just click that and do that and do this and...". Just leave me be, your problem will be solved in the morning when you come back to work *Wink.

In any case, the script works like... 95% of the time. The other 5% are cases like @Compumind has, the driver depends on something else to load in Safe Mode, so it doesn't load.

The script has one other drawback. It requires autologon in order for it to work. Doesn't work with accounts that require you to type in your password because the script that auto-connects you to the AC loads with explorer.exe and that doesn't load until you logon, so... yeah, kind of a bummer if you need to do this in a domain environment :-\. Working on a fix for this. I'll probably add an autologon part in the script and add the required reg entries, prompting for credentials while in the script, but that's all on my "to do" list. For now, it does the job... well, at least for me How to use wi-fi in safe mode? :).

GigaWatt, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Compumind Win User

How to use wi-fi in safe mode?

Attempting to use Wi-Fi in Safe Mode with Networking

Hi all -

Tried nearly everything to get the Device Driver to load in Safe Mode with Networking.

Take a peek:

How to use wi-fi in safe mode? [​IMG]

Has anyone been able to successfully do this via Wi-Fi?
    Note Code 37.

TIA,

*Eek

Compumind, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

How to use wi-fi in safe mode?

1. How to use wi-fi in safe mode? - Similar Threads - safe mode

2. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my computer will not start in a normal mode. Thereafter,...
  3. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  4. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  5. I can’t boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  6. I can’t boot up safe mode

I can’t boot up safe mode: After I accidentally deleted a file in system 32, I think it was windows.applicationmode.dll everything started flickering so as a reaction I turned it off and now all I see is a back screen with a mouse and the reason I can’t get to safe mode is because it won’t let me turn...
  7. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  8. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  9. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  10. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....