Windows 10: How TO Use WinDBG Switches?

Discus and support How TO Use WinDBG Switches? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dump File I want to peek at. I run 'WinDBG and point it to the file, and it returns, "Naa, don't think so, but you can read it with .ecxr.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JTBurnett, Oct 15, 2018.

1. JTBurnett Win User

How TO Use WinDBG Switches?

I have a Dump File I want to peek at. I run 'WinDBG and point it to the file, and it returns, "Naa, don't think so, but you can read it with .ecxr. After Googling for 56 years, I think MS needs to change that verbiage to, "...-but we're not going to show you how to do it."

How TO Use WinDBG Switches? 0d3c7d39-c8ed-4a31-ba71-49dba5488d7b?upload=true.png

In baby steps what do I have to do in WinDBG to see that file?

Thank you

:)

JTBurnett, Oct 15, 2018

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Hans_BA Win User
    windbg getcontextstatefailed

after the creater update i cannot analyze my minidump files anymore with windbg: i get several error messages:

getcontextstatefailed 0x8007001E

i can analyze minidump files backud up from before the creators update.i have already reinstalled windbg.i have tried windbg x86 instead of windbg x64

Hans_BA, Oct 15, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

Thema:

1. How TO Use WinDBG Switches? - Similar Threads - WinDBG Switches

2. BSOD, Ran Windbg , unsure what it means.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, Ran Windbg , unsure what it means.: Here is what I got from Windbg. Unsure what the problem is, recently installed new motherboard Gigabyte Z790, CPU I9-14900kfand new memoryDDR5-5600 and did a clean install of windows. GPU is Nvidia RTX 2080 with newest driver 3/5/2024.Loading Dump File...
  3. BSOD, Ran Windbg , unsure what it means.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, Ran Windbg , unsure what it means.: Here is what I got from Windbg. Unsure what the problem is, recently installed new motherboard Gigabyte Z790, CPU I9-14900kfand new memoryDDR5-5600 and did a clean install of windows. GPU is Nvidia RTX 2080 with newest driver 3/5/2024.Loading Dump File...
  4. BSOD, Ran Windbg , unsure what it means.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help understanding WinDbg Minidump debug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help understanding WinDbg Minidump debug: 0: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a...
  6. Help understanding WinDbg Minidump debug

Help understanding WinDbg Minidump debug: 0: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a...
  7. Help understanding WinDbg Minidump debug

8. Windbg Logs - Unable to Understand Logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windbg Logs - Unable to Understand Logs: Had a BSOD issue and BlueScreenView wasn't too helpful in identifying a specific driver that needs updating, see the below WinDbg log----> Repository : LocalInstalled, Enabled: true, Packages count: 36Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25921.1001 AMD64Copyright c...
  9. Windbg Logs - Unable to Understand Logs

Windbg Logs - Unable to Understand Logs: Had a BSOD issue and BlueScreenView wasn't too helpful in identifying a specific driver that needs updating, see the below WinDbg log----> Repository : LocalInstalled, Enabled: true, Packages count: 36Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25921.1001 AMD64Copyright c...
  10. windows crash cause PC auto restart, below is after use WinDbg information, can find the...

windows crash cause PC auto restart, below is after use WinDbg information, can find the...: KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 TIMELINE_ANALYSIS: 1 DUMP_CLASS: 1 DUMP_QUALIFIER: 400 ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: You can run '.symfix; .reload' to try to fix the symbol path and load symbols. WRONG_SYMBOLS_TIMESTAMP: 5ebebfaf WRONG_SYMBOLS_SIZE: a71000 FAULTING_MODULE: fffff802186a7000 nt...