Windows 10: How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer

Discus and support How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have another computer i would like to try but it has no display id like to try using this computer a display for it before buying a display for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pengfire1029, Nov 20, 2020.

1. How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer

I have another computer i would like to try but it has no display id like to try using this computer a display for it before buying a display for it

:)

Pengfire1029, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer

1. How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer - Similar Threads - display another computer

2. When using an HDMI cord in order to use another display besides the original computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using an HDMI cord in order to use another display besides the original computer...: When using an HDMI cord in order to use another display besides the original computer monitor, how do i fix the resolution so i can properly see the entire display from the monitor. my zoom option is at 100% and all other available options are greater than 100%. None of the...
  3. When using an HDMI cord in order to use another display besides the original computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using an HDMI cord in order to use another display besides the original computer...: When using an HDMI cord in order to use another display besides the original computer monitor, how do i fix the resolution so i can properly see the entire display from the monitor. my zoom option is at 100% and all other available options are greater than 100%. None of the...
  4. How to move Cursor to another Display using Voice Access in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Cursor to another Display using Voice Access in Windows 11?: I was excited to be able to try the new Voice Access tool in Windows 11. I was a bit disappointed to find out there seems to be no way to move the cursor to another display and be able to interact with it. Is there a way to do this at this point or is this something planned...
  5. How to move Cursor to another Display using Voice Access in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Cursor to another Display using Voice Access in Windows 11?: I was excited to be able to try the new Voice Access tool in Windows 11. I was a bit disappointed to find out there seems to be no way to move the cursor to another display and be able to interact with it. Is there a way to do this at this point or is this something planned...
  6. how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable: okay so i ha a toshiba encore thing and i cant use i because i updated it, i think the updates were hardware stuff, but idk how that would work, but that update made the touch screen not work, so pls help me, i can open it but cant, so im using my other windows 10 computer...
  7. Repairing damaged windows 10 using another computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repairing damaged windows 10 using another computer: Hi everyone. I have Laptop and a PC, both have Windows 10 and both are on the same network. The PC Windows is not responding and it is not on. I have tried all methods to get it on again but they were all failure. The PC Windows started this behaviour after few attempts...
  8. Sharing a display with another computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sharing a display with another computer: My desktop has two displays using Display Ports. The card is a GTX1660. W10Pro v2004. I also use the left one as an 2nd display for my laptop through a HDMI port. When I want to do this, I obviously select HDMI input. My annoyance is as follow. When I use the 2nd display...
  9. Use another PC as second display?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use another PC as second display?: I'm wondering if Windows 10 has the capability to extend the display to a 2nd pc? I have another Win10 PC on my desk and when it is idle, it would be nice to use its display for content on my main PC. Thanks 28142
  10. Using a Windows 10 ISO File on another computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a Windows 10 ISO File on another computer.: Hello all, I download a Windows 10 ISO File from [https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html ] and made a dvd, can I use this on any computer now or only on mine where it was created? Also, how do I remove the windows notice to download and install win 10?...