Windows 10: How to use Windows 10 built-in features to make bootable USB from ISO

Discus and support How to use Windows 10 built-in features to make bootable USB from ISO in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I read recently that Windows 10 has a built in way to create a bootable USB from any ISO. My attempts to search for the information yield... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Nov 3, 2016.

1. THX1138 Win User

How to use Windows 10 built-in features to make bootable USB from ISO

I think I read recently that Windows 10 has a built in way to create a bootable USB from any ISO. My attempts to search for the information yield irrelevent information from years ago when Windows did not do this or information on creating Windows 10 Installation USB disk which is also irrelevant. Thanks.

:)

THX1138, Nov 3, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Win 10 won't boot after recent update

With that fact cleared up can you try removing the USB (with the .iso) from the computer and see if the computer will boot up on its' own.

Booting from an .iso image (something with an .iso file extension) seems very complicated to me. The simplest thing to do would be not to use the .iso (unconverted) but to convert the .iso correctly, and as usually intended, into a bootable USB flash drive,
    or a bootable DVD. An .iso on its' own and in .iso format is not easily booted.

This is what I mean by complicated.

Boot an ISO directly from the Windows Boot Manager

Boot an ISO directly from the Windows Boot Manager • Raymond.CC

For me the option to burn an .iso to DVD and make it bootable is just a right-click.

How to use Windows 10 built-in features to make bootable USB from ISO [​IMG]

Built-in disc burning software in Windows 10

Built-in disc burning software in Windows 10

If you prefer having a Bootable USB Flash Drive see this.

Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Linney, Nov 3, 2016
  3. Bootable USB with windows 10

How do i make a bootable USB that has an ISO windows 10 file. I do not know how to do this using a mac. I downloaded windows 10 ISO file on windows but cant get it to the USB.

EdwardDuong, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Neemobeer, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Go to "Control Panel">File History>Recovery>Create a Recovery Drive
    Before doing this, connect a empty USB Flash Drive, with a least 8GB capacity, to PC.

Adalwar, Nov 4, 2016
  6. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks but no, I want to make a bootable USB using my own .iso. I am not interested in putting a Windows recovery tool on an USB drive.

THX1138, Nov 4, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    That Recovery USB is not only a "Recovery Tool", it is a full Windows UEFI Boot USB.
    Well, I think that what you are intending to do, will be at theend the same thing, more or less, you will not be able to do any other things that the Recovery USB is not offering.
    That my opinion, but proceed with your intention.
    Cheers

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use Windows 10 built-in features to make bootable USB from ISO - Similar Threads - built features bootable

2. How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?: Most people prefer installing Windows 10 using a USB drive rather than a DVD. However, creating a bootable drive can get a little complicated. This article will look at how to create a bootable drive for Windows 10. What's Needed to Make a Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive? To...
  3. How to make a bootable USB ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make a bootable USB ?: Please tell me how to make a bootable USB in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-bootable-usb/6aaa7f8c-9191-4161-ac8a-777788cc8dd4
  4. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  5. HOW TO MAKE WIN 10 USB BOOTABLE USING ANDROID

HOW TO MAKE WIN 10 USB BOOTABLE USING ANDROID: Hi, I want know that how can I able to make my 8GB pendrive bootable for windows 10 from my android mobile ? Please suggest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-win-10-usb-bootable-using-android/e8557c3d-e235-48fb-9882-436148cee061
  6. Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?

Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?: Hi. I ve created USB f32 format, moved win10 ISO from the official website, the Microsoft just stuck in Verifying DMI pool data when I selwct it to boot. I did previously in CMD select partition of the USB to be active. Best regards....
  7. How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?: Hey! I have a bootable USB with windows 10 in it. And I want to Convert that USB to ISO file. So that I can backup it for later use and can use that Pendrive for further use. Please Help!...
  8. Make win 10 .iso file bootable DVD or USB

Make win 10 .iso file bootable DVD or USB: I would like to do a clean install I have downloaded windows10 .iso free version file from creation tool to DVD is the file bootable. If not how do I make a bootable DVD or USB from the downloaded. Appreciate help.. Regards 25364
  9. How to make Windows 10 AIO bootable USB ?

How to make Windows 10 AIO bootable USB ?: Hi every one I have downloaded all ISO images of Windows 10 through Media Creation Tool. Each ISO image is consisted on both versions (x86 and x64) of respective windows. Now, I want to convert all Windows 10 ISO images in a single bootable USB in a way which will give...
  10. How to make a bootable windows 10 usb

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a bootable windows 10 usb: Ok so I wanted to be able to make a bootable usb with windows 10 on it but im not sure exactly how to do it, I tried to use the technical Preview iso but WinToUSB says it cannot find the bootable image. Help *Confused 2491