Windows 10: How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP)

Discus and support How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are many differences between Windows 10 Home and Professional. The Remote Desktop feature is one of them. Unlike the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP)

WinClub, Apr 25, 2019

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 25, 2019
  3. techpun Win User
    Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Lockhada Win User

RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

After upgrading to Windows 10, .rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is working correctly otherwise.

Lockhada, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP) - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Home

2. How to use remote desktop feature on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use remote desktop feature on Windows 11 Home?: Hey,I want to use remote desktop but it ask me to pay 130$ CAD so roughtly 100%US to upgrade windows to do so. That's frustating! Can someone explain me a way to bypass this *fraud*? They ask me to upgrade to windows 11 pro! I'm not a pro but I want to use this basic feature...
  3. How to use remote desktop feature on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use remote desktop feature on Windows 11 Home?: Hey,I want to use remote desktop but it ask me to pay 130$ CAD so roughtly 100%US to upgrade windows to do so. That's frustating! Can someone explain me a way to bypass this *fraud*? They ask me to upgrade to windows 11 pro! I'm not a pro but I want to use this basic feature...
  4. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  5. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  6. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  7. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  8. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  9. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandboxrdp1.rdp