Windows 10: How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive

Discus and support How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows PowerShell is a powerful utility that comes preinstalled on Windows 10. Microsoft has been pushing it hard to become useful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive

WinClub, Jun 12, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 12, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jun 12, 2019
  4. How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive

1. How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive - Similar Threads - PowerShell find information

2. Look up hard disk information with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Look up hard disk information with PowerShell: The Windows PowerShell is quite powerful when it comes to looking up hard disk information. While you may look up some information in Windows directly, e.g. in Disk Management, or by using third-party programs like Hard Disk Validator, Disk Checkup, or DiskBoss, using...
  3. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10: where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 ***Moved from Windows 10 / Performance & system failures*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-information-about-the-spotlight/61da6700-2812-4768-8353-d731ead03cc4
  4. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10: where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-information-about-the-spotlight/61da6700-2812-4768-8353-d731ead03cc4
  5. Basic information about usb flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Basic information about usb flash drives: I want to use usb flash drives for creating rescue media for Windows 10 on my laptop and desktop. Is a certain type required? I know it has to be at least 4GB and think I read that it should be NTFS file system. Does a usb have to be formatted before using for this...
  6. How to uninstall Apps using Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to uninstall Apps using Powershell: Many of the Universal Apps cannot be uninstalled because the button is inactive (grayed out). This might be 'by design' for the Technical Preview since Microsoft wants users to test the Apps. The preferred method is to use the uninstall button when it is active. The list...
  7. How to find Microsoft Windows Product Key On External Hard Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to find Microsoft Windows Product Key On External Hard Drive: Windows 10 crashed while updating OS because the power went out. The drive will no longer boot up. I have connected the problem hard drive to another PC's USB port so I can see my files. I am now able to view all of the files. I will be formatting the problem hard...
  8. How to use secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...
  9. Information about how OneDrive works required?

in Windows 10 Support
    Information about how OneDrive works required?: Ive been experimenting with OneDrive for the last couple of days. I only have one device (my laptop) but I was thinking it might be handy to allow it to save my PC settings but mainly my favourites etc when I do a clean install of Windows 10. I enabled sync settings and...
  10. Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows: Works for me Shawn nice tip! Always liked using Cmd and PowerShell prompts. 87131