Windows 10: How to use Windows Sandbox and VMWare or VirtualBox together

Discus and support How to use Windows Sandbox and VMWare or VirtualBox together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox makes use of the Hyper-V feature to run on a Windows 10 computer. But when this is enabled any third-party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 29, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use Windows Sandbox and VMWare or VirtualBox together

WinClub, Aug 29, 2019
  2. S_Shah165 Win User

SandBox and VMware issue

Hi,

I like the new Sandbox feature of Windows 10 1903 build and it is awesome by trying the new files without infecting the whole system. But I have the
    problem of connecting it to the internet and always disconnected. I changed the adapter settings so many times but with no success.

The Other problem I am facing is that I am using VMware software. But when I run the windows inside the VMware it gives me error
    "VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit VMware Knowledge Base for more details."

So what I do is to turn off the Hyper-v by using CMD and run this command "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off" and I have to restart my pc to take the effect. After restart, VMware works fine and run the Windows smoothly but then the
    problem arises with the Sandbox and when I click on the Sandbox, it just shows the splash screen and not starting on. So for the SandBox to run properly, I have to turn on the hyper-v again by using CMD command "
    bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto" and have to restart the system again. Sometimes the Sandbox crashes and showing the blue screen pc ran a problem. I don't know how to solve these problems so I can run both sandbox and VMware windows
    at the same time and I don't have to run the CMD command again and again and have to restart the pc multiple times. I hope Windows Software Engineer will look at this problem and solve these issues. Everyone is welcome to comment and suggest. Thanks

S_Shah165, Aug 29, 2019
  3. VirtualBox or VMware

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Home and Hyper-V isn't available on this version of OS.

Hence I wanted to use Virtualbox or VMware to run virtual machine and as far as I know Hyper-V isn't even required, I own a HP laptop and cannot find Advanced tab in my BIOS setting to enable or disable Virtualization for 64-bit in Virtualbox.

Can I ever run VirtualBox or setup Virtual Machine via these software?

How to get Advance Tab under BIOS for HP laptop ?

Thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings / PC]

SaurabhBhatt1, Aug 29, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to use Windows Sandbox and VMWare or VirtualBox together - Similar Threads - Sandbox VMWare VirtualBox

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare: Hello there, I'm trying to run a windows VM (tried 7 and 10) with 64-bit on virtualbox. But it stucks in the "starting windows" screen (very unsmoothly animations). The vm's specs are: 8GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 128MB VRAM (Max), 32GB VHD (should be enough). All the other settings...
  4. Can i use sandbox within a Virtualbox ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use sandbox within a Virtualbox ?: Hey folks, In new windows update, can i use sandbox and having virtualbox ? Because i remember if the sandbox was enabled the virtual wouldnt work submitted by /u/foremtehan [link] [comments]...
  5. Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware: i have problem with virtualbox and vmware in windows 10, i installed virtualbox with ansible setup so when i enter ifconfig it doesn't show IP address that i can connect with putty or MobXterm i want to connect three different IPs in virtualbox using putty and MobXterm but my...
  6. Opinion needed - Windows Sandbox or VMware Workstation?

Opinion needed - Windows Sandbox or VMware Workstation?: Hi all - Been doing some software testing with nasty malware. Which would be best? I want the TPM chip to be in play here. Sandbox seems sluggish. Thanks! *Smile 155936
  7. VMware WS and Hyper-V together

in Windows 10 News
    VMware WS and Hyper-V together: Check this. I expect this to be in VMware WS 16 and am looking for a Technical Preview - maybe early next year? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...er/ba-p/825831 145917
  8. SandBox and VMware issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SandBox and VMware issue: Hi, I like the new Sandbox feature of Windows 10 1903 build and it is awesome by trying the new files without infecting the whole system. But I have the problem of connecting it to the internet and always disconnected. I changed the adapter settings so many times but with...
  9. How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can enable and use Windows Sandbox in VMware guest operating system running Windows 10. However, you cannot use a nested virtual machine on Windows unless you have and enable certain functionality related to your processor. That is the reason, [...] This...
  10. Vmware or virtualbox?

Vmware or virtualbox?: I have tested out vmware workstation and virtualbox and can't decide which is best, can you help me? 3559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oracle box guest crashes after windows sanbox installation

2. windows sandbox and vmware same time

3. windows sandbox and vmware

4. virtualbox and win10 sandbox,
  5. virtualbox 64bit sandbox,
  6. windows sandbox conflict virtuabox,
  7. using virtualbox with windows sandbox,
  8. WINDOWS SANDBOX COMPATIBLE CON VMWARE,
  9. running virtualbox and hyper-v on same pc,
  10. will virtualbox run with windows10 sandbox enabled?,
  11. virtualbox bios sandbox,