Windows 10: how to use wireless adapter with antenna

Discus and support how to use wireless adapter with antenna in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I recently bought a Duel Band Wireless USB Adapter. It looks like the brand name is "abgnac." It comes with a USB and an antenna to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DebbyJ, Dec 4, 2020.

1. DebbyJ Win User

how to use wireless adapter with antenna

Hi! I recently bought a Duel Band Wireless USB Adapter. It looks like the brand name is "abgnac." It comes with a USB and an antenna to connect to the USB. And also a small software installation disk, about 3" in diameter.

I need it for my SL510 Lenovo Thinkpad laptop computer. I got it to try to be better able to get on the internet while over at our married daughter's home. They have wireless through a router. Other computers get online ok there. But not this one. This Lenovo Thinkpad laptop computer is able to get online here in our home though. We also get wireless service through a router. I contacted your group some weeks ago about this problem. That's when I acted on the suggestion to try out this adapter. I don't know how to find the previous comments on this. But anyhow, if you can think of some way to explain how to get this antenna system to work, I'll appreciate it!

:)

DebbyJ, Dec 4, 2020

2. Wireless Antenna Stopped Working as Expected

I'm using Windows 10 in a custom built rig with a TP Link wireless antenna (PCI) for wireless access to our home wireless network.

I've already eliminated a number of things.
    The modem-router is fine - all other devices use it without problems.
    The Ethernet connection in my PC is working fine.

I have a gut-feeling this is a software issue. So before I rush out and buy a new antenna, I wanted to try and troubleshoot it here.

A bit of history.
    All was fine. My wife went away for a couple of weeks, so I connected up an Ethernet cable (which I am not normally allowed to run through the house how to use wireless adapter with antenna :) ).

When I disconnected the Ethernet cable upon her return, the wireless seemed to be on the Fritz.

It still reports a strong signal.
    But, it reports "No Internet, secured" underneath the SSID after connecting to it.

Obviously, the browsers do not load any sites.

I am not even able to load the modem-router's firmware interface via its IP address.
    I am not able to ping the IP address of the modem-router.

As I said, the wireless card seems to be working, as it still detects my next-door neighbor's network (in addition to my own) and reports a plausible signal strength for it.

Can anyone suggest how I can determine whether this is hardware or software. I think I've conclusively narrowed it down to either being:
    1. the wireless antenna; or
    2. Windows 10.
    And remember, all I did was stop using it for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks

onefootswill, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. how to use wireless adapter with antenna - Similar Threads - wireless adapter antenna

2. How to turn on wireless adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on wireless adapter?: So my keyboard on my laptop broke and i cannot enable the wireless adapter, i tried using the on screen keyboard and going on the control panel, I don’t know what to do...
  3. How to turn on wireless adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on wireless adapter?: So my keyboard on my laptop broke and i cannot enable the wireless adapter, i tried using the on screen keyboard and going on the control panel, I don’t know what to do...
  4. How to turn on wireless adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Adapter Antenna Questions

Wifi Adapter Antenna Questions: Hello All Switching to Ethernet possibly on Saturday for my Main Desktop, Some reason my Wifi 6 adapter can't hold 1.2gbps with Comcast XB7 Gateway anymore, so wondering something should i disconnect antennas, and just keep the card in for Bluetooth 5.0 function til i maybe...
  6. use of Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    use of Wireless display adapter: Hi, My PC shows Miracast is not available, Can I still use the wireless display adapter? System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 8/8/2020, 10:18:54 Machine name: JAIETHANN12 Machine Id:...
  7. Wireless Adapter

Wireless Adapter: Hello. I am having a few Internet issues on my laptop. It started once I swapped out my Hard Disk Drive for a Solid State Drive yesterday. I can connect to the Internet occasionally but after mere seconds, sometimes minutes or even an hour the Wifi will go away and in...
  8. using a wireless screen display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using a wireless screen display adapter: How do I use my programs ( e.g. word or excel) in the background while projecting Internet content to my TV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/using-a-wireless-screen-display-adapter/77a9b577-4572-48ed-b44c-25cb8a74b61b
  9. Dell Wireless Card - Antenna dBi

Dell Wireless Card - Antenna dBi: Does anyone know what dBi antennae Dell uses in its built-in wireless cards? I'm having difficulty keeping a reliable connection to wifi when in certain areas at work. I've considered getting an external USB dongle with a 5 or 9 dBi antenna. 90355
  10. Wireless Antenna Stopped Working as Expected

Wireless Antenna Stopped Working as Expected: I'm using Windows 10 in a custom built rig with a TP Link wireless antenna (PCI) for wireless access to our home wireless network. I've already eliminated a number of things. The modem-router is fine - all other devices use it without problems. The Ethernet connection in...