Windows 10: How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

Discus and support How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how to configure virtual memory, it may be helpful to explain [...]

The post How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10 appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Aug 14, 2018
  2. little cat Win User
    little cat, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2018
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - hard drive RAM

2. Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive: I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on an HP 7800p SFF, however the installer assures me that the drive I am trying to install to cannot be used displaying the following error: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to...
  3. How to Measure Hard Drive Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Measure Hard Drive Speed in Windows 10: I need to measure the speed of a Seagate USB backup drive. Can anybody point me to how I could accomplish that inside in Windows 10? Any other way? Thanks. 116546
  4. Viruses and Used Hard Drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses and Used Hard Drives: Is it possible for a malware/virus/whatever bad software to be permanently part of a hard drive even after a full format/full erasure, or does the erasing/formatting process completely wipe any trace of the virus on the hard drive? my father's computer suffered a short, and...
  5. use a hard drive with xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use a hard drive with xbox: Hi to all again,,What I would like to know is possible to connect my xbox to a hard drive that is connected to the xbox, to copy the game onto the hard drive and run the game from that instead of having to put the dvd in the xbox every time I want to play it. I have already...
  6. Not whole RAM used on Windows 10

Not whole RAM used on Windows 10: I got an extre ROM card recently but i cant get it to work. However the problem is not in the card nor the slot everything works fine and the card is also recognized by BIOS but in Windows one of the cards has no effect other the being recognized as plugged in. [img]...
  7. what is the usefulness of 3.5" hard drive?

what is the usefulness of 3.5" hard drive?: when 2.5" hard drive is more compacted and nice why there are still 3.5" hard drive, what is the reason of using 3.5" instead of 2.5" nowadays. Does 3.5" have longer average lifespan? 100942
  8. Windows 10 is not Using installed RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not Using installed RAM: Guys ! yesterday I faced this problem. I had installed 4GB of RAM and my computer showed 2.64 GB usable [img] And I found found videos and they told that msconfig will solve this problem. But for me msconfig had not worked So I just tried this method I went...
  9. How to use secondary hard drive?

How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...
  10. Windows 10 upgrades using external hard drive

Windows 10 upgrades using external hard drive: I am unable to use the latest upgrades due to lack of storage. My SD drive won't accept the new upgrades. Can I use the Seagate - Expansion 1TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive to accept the new upgrades? 97202