Windows 10: How to Validate Device Metadata of an msixbundle?

Discus and support How to Validate Device Metadata of an msixbundle? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In DeviceMetadataWizard under Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.18362.0, validating metadata is only limited to *.appx file extensions. I find no way to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerYango, Feb 19, 2021.

1. JerYango Win User

How to Validate Device Metadata of an msixbundle?

In DeviceMetadataWizard under Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.18362.0, validating metadata is only limited to *.appx file extensions. I find no way to change this to support .msix or .msixbundles. Is there a way to validate the device metadata for .msixbundles?

:)

JerYango, Feb 19, 2021
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Feb 19, 2021
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Feb 19, 2021
  4. PC Pilot Win User

What is the procedure for customizing device metadata package for the "System" (PC) icon in Windows 10 Devices & Printers?

I have been customising the icons displayed in the Windows 10 "Devices & Printers" folder to display more representative images for my devices by using the Windows 10 Device Metadata Authoring Wizard.

It has been possible to achieve this (by trial and error) for all displayed icons except the main "System" icon representing the PC itself and that displayed for the WiFi Router (which is greyed out).

The process steps in the Authoring Wizard are different for the "System Icon" which appears to follow a completely different process as the "Device only metadata" generates the following message "Non-OEM devices must not have "Computer" or one of its subcategories as Primary Category. Choosing "ComputerHow to Validate Device Metadata of an msixbundle? :Desktop" as the primary category will change the package type to a "OEM/PC Internal Metadata package", which might lead to some data being lost."

Can anyone suggest how to proceed for an "OEM/PC Internal Metadata package"?

PC Pilot, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Validate Device Metadata of an msixbundle? - Similar Threads - Validate Device Metadata

2. event error device metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event error device metadata: I have this showing multiple time in the event viewer as a red error can any onehelp with this I do have a event error.evtx file but cannot see how to include this this is the screen shot can anyone help with this...
  3. event error device metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event error device metadata: I have this showing multiple time in the event viewer as a red error can any onehelp with this I do have a event error.evtx file but cannot see how to include this this is the screen shot can anyone help with this...
  4. Can't install ".Msixbundle" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install ".Msixbundle" files.: I was trying to install a .Msixbundle file, and this is what the error showed:I tried to run as administrator using run, no progress.I tred SFC/DISM, no progress.I made a new user account, and redownloaded the same file from here, no progress.Can anyone help me out?...
  5. Can't install ".Msixbundle" files.

Can't install ".Msixbundle" files.: I was trying to install a .Msixbundle file, and this is what the error showed:I tried to run as administrator using run, no progress.I tred SFC/DISM, no progress.I made a new user account, and redownloaded the same file from here, no progress.Can anyone help me out?...
  6. Install msixbundle over packer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install msixbundle over packer: hi I try to install Windows terminal msixbundleI have script that install Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Desktop.appx thats worksin the next line i try to install Microsoft.WinTerWin10_1.15.2874.0.msixbundleand i get this error azure-arm.windowsvm: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment...
  7. Install msixbundle over packer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install msixbundle over packer: hi I try to install Windows terminal msixbundleI have script that install Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Desktop.appx thats worksin the next line i try to install Microsoft.WinTerWin10_1.15.2874.0.msixbundleand i get this error azure-arm.windowsvm: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment...
  8. Install msixbundle over packer

9. How to change metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change metadata: I have a ton of wave files that I cannot edit the metadata on and I can't figure out how I cannot load them into my DJ software and its really odd. I downloaded them from Soundcloud after i purchased a mastering service for all of them. And the Metadata is the same as...
  10. BitLocker metadata is not valid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker metadata is not valid: Dear TenForums, I have a problem with my encrypted 128GB SDcard. First of all I tried to unlock it and check automatic unlock for my computer. I did and SDcard was unlocked successfully. But next time when I switched computer on, I had to unlock SDcard again. I went to...