Windows 10: How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues

Discus and support How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks, there have been reports of Windows 10 encountering moderate to severe performance issues after applying KB5001330. Affected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 1, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues

Over the past few weeks, there have been reports of Windows 10 encountering moderate to severe performance issues after applying KB5001330. Affected users have reported various issues, which includes system lag, FPS drop and stuttering when playing certain games.

Windows 10 KB5001330 issues were first reported on April 13. Since then, there have been reports on Reddit, Twitter, YouTube and other social media sites about issues that focus on FPS drop and performance issues when playing games. The most prominent, and the understandably frustrating problem is momentarily delayed player actions.

In some cases, users observed that the FPS drops to zero. Within that period, the game is frozen with controls not working smoothly. The issue is absolutely unacceptable and many impacted Windows 10 users documented the problem on various social media platforms.

In response, Microsoft said that it has launched its own investigation and their findings suggest “only a small subset of users” are affected. While this is not a widespread issue, Microsoft has rolled out a server-side emergency patch.

How to fix Windows 10 KB5001330 issues

Based on early findings, it looks like the problem was the result of a bad code/feature added to Windows 10, which was disabled recently via a server-side update known as “Known issue rollback”.

The immediate solution to this problem involves checking for updates in the Settings app and restarting the device. If the fix has been applied, you will no longer face performance and gaming issues.

The problem with the “Known Issue Rollback” approach is that users cannot easily verify if the server-side fix has been applied to their device. Fortunately, using a simple PowerShell script, you can scan Windows Registry and verify the hotfix manually.

To verify fix for KB5001330 issues, use these steps:

1. Open Windows PowerShell from Search.
    2. Enter the following command
      Get-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\1837593227

When you enter the above command, you should see the information of a registry key in the PowerShell window. If you get the message “Path not found”, then the fix is not applied.

If the Registry key exists, the output will look like this:

How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues Fix-KB5001330.jpg

If the Registry key is present and Microsoft’s hotfix does not work for whatever reason, another course of action is removing the Windows Update manually using DISM or WSUS command-line tools.

These instructions are valid for all versions of Windows 10.

If you’re unable to uninstall the update and suggested workarounds do not work, you can use Media Creation Tool to reinstall the operating system without removing personal files and apps.

The post How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 1, 2021

2. Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 1, 2021
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, May 1, 2021
  4. How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 1, 2021
Thema:

How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues

1. How to verify fix for Windows 10 KB5001330 performance issues - Similar Threads - verify fix KB5001330

2. Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10: Following the release of March 2021 cumulative updates, users started reporting serious problems, including issues with certain printers and games. While the printer issue was immediately patched, Windows 10’s bug that resulted in performance issues somehow slipped into the...
  3. KB5001330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001330: when install this updateKB5001330 system automatically rollback due to crash issue this causes low space in c drive please fix this update ,I am fed up with blue and black screen after restart...
  4. KB5001330 lagspike "fix" not fixing lagspikes

KB5001330 lagspike "fix" not fixing lagspikes: Like the title says i still have problems with KB5001330.I have looked up the registry and i have the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\1837593227 folder with the files in it, so the fix Microsoft published should be...
  5. KB5001330 Issues & Other Questions

KB5001330 Issues & Other Questions: Is there currently any known cause to the issues with boot loops/BSODs/install errors or the FPS drop? I am currently running a 1080ti on the 456.71 drivers and wont upgrade until the issue is fully fixed. I have the update already installed but see none of the errors so far...
  6. Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues: Windows 10 appears to be getting a new server-side update and it’s one that you might want to apply if you’ve been having any kind of performance issues, such as stuttering, flickering or text rendering issues when playing certain games. As we reported recently, performance...
  7. KB5001330 Causing Gaming issues.

KB5001330 Causing Gaming issues.: I am one of the many affected with this new update, for 2 days now I cannot play Halo the master chief collection due to intense FPS drops and frame shuttering, from what I know I'm not the only one having this issue others have reported on reddit that they can't play certain...
  8. Fix for KB5001330

Fix for KB5001330: The update KB5001330 is crashing my desktop. Is there another patch or update that will fix the bugs in KB5001330? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-kb5001330/daf63e9f-6054-434e-94b0-3db15dc7e94d
  9. Fix for KB5001330

Fix for KB5001330: Does Microsoft have a patch or a fix for KB5001330? There are problems with this patch that can cause the computer to blue screen. Your help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-kb5001330/430db4e8-9e67-48d8-918c-36a3a2fb94b2
  10. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues: Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional cumulative update that Microsoft shipped for everyone, generates high CPU usage and also breaks down Windows Search on some devices. Following the various reports, Microsoft has finally acknowledged at least two known issues with...