Windows 10: How to verify impedance being used?

Discus and support How to verify impedance being used? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Perhaps I am asking the wrong question. Yesterday I switched from the open Sennheiser Game One to the Closed Game Zero. I see that the zeros require... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Prodeje79, May 23, 2020.

1. Prodeje79 Win User

How to verify impedance being used?

Perhaps I am asking the wrong question.
    Yesterday I switched from the open Sennheiser Game One to the Closed Game Zero. I see that the zeros require less ohms at 50 now at least. I love my ones but I'm unfortunately in a loud environment and closed is highly beneficial. I will keep my ones and perhaps use again at a later date

I have an ASUS z170 Pro gaming with the Supremefx (Realtek ALC1150 ?) With the 300Ω-headphone amplifier built in. They sound very tinny and weak. I suspect they are being underdriven. I could swear I could set (or at least see) what the impedance was at one point. I'd like to verify (or better yet set) the impedance. When I plugged in headset, I got the pop up. I tried auto and well as selecting the headset over the earbuds.

Windows 10 pro, 64 bit. I installed the latest ASUS drivers Version 6.0.1.7899 from 2016/08/23
    I've think I've looked every where and do not see it in the Realtek Audio Manager or in the windows settings.

I started reading the stickys and may try them out. I see about the HDA vs the UAD. I hate to do all that and still not see/help impedance?

Better yet, anyone already go through this with my same motherboard?

:)

Prodeje79, May 23, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 23, 2020
  3. fedesol Win User
    Nokia's 5800 impedance (ohms)

If the headphones impedance is lower than the 5800 XM impedance, the source (5800 XM) will tend to overheat and more power is used up in the 5800 XM than is delivered to the speaker.

If the headphones impedance is higher than that of the 5800 XM, its power output will be less than it is capable of.

Impedance mismatches result in:

Poor tone quality of the sound

Energy comsumption issues

Overheating

I am awaiting to hear back from Nokia and will be posting the info here as soon as I get it!

fedesol, May 23, 2020
  4. How to verify impedance being used?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How to verify impedance being used?

1. How to verify impedance being used? - Similar Threads - verify impedance being

2. How to use phone to verify account if not logged in to authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use phone to verify account if not logged in to authenticator app: My laptop is currently showing the BitLocker recovery screen requesting an encryption key. In trying to access the encryption key on my phone I was prompted to verify my identity by sending an email to my alternate email address. This email address is no longer current so I...
  3. How to use phone to verify account if not logged in to authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use phone to verify account if not logged in to authenticator app: My laptop is currently showing the BitLocker recovery screen requesting an encryption key. In trying to access the encryption key on my phone I was prompted to verify my identity by sending an email to my alternate email address. This email address is no longer current so I...
  4. Trying to verify microsoft account, while not being able to use new laptop to open said...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to verify microsoft account, while not being able to use new laptop to open said...: So, now when you buy a new laptop with windows, you get prompted forced to enter your microsoft account info, and if you dont have one well too bad you can just make a new one. Problem is, to continue on you have to first "enter the verification code". Now please riddle me...
  5. OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it: Hey guys,since i've never really used cloud services to store my data I just accepted OneDrive storing my data online What's the matter, can't hurt. However today I received a 5GB warning, that the OneDrive storage is full. I didn't want to receive this warning every startup...
  6. Camera connectivity impeded by recent security update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera connectivity impeded by recent security update: I use a Canon EOS 5D Mk4 camera which connects to my PC via a USB cable to EOS Utility software.A recent security update means tha camera and PC no longer talk to each other although recognising that there is a connection there.If I delete the security update No 5003637 it...
  7. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account: Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-being-asked-to-verify-my-microsoft-account/4361c590-bb5b-4be4-9dcc-94150b3ee679
  8. How to remove a folder that is being "used by system"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove a folder that is being "used by system": I know you shouldn't remove system folders, but in my case it is different, so, I recently installed the xbox gaming app on the C: Drive, but I chose to install the games in the E: drive, and for that I needed to change the apps instalation location which I had in drive C:...
  9. How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil

in Windows 10 News
    How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil: [ATTACH] Did you just download a large file? Or do you have a file that you have a suspicion about? The best way to make sure the file comes from a verified source is by measuring its checksum. A checksum is [...] This post How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil...
  10. How to verify account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to verify account: When you change your account credentials for your MS account, specifically changing the email address.....why is there a 30 day wait period if you only have an email account to use to verify. If you have a mobile phone, you're instantly given a text with the code. Some of us...