Windows 10: How to verify impedance being used?

Discus and support How to verify impedance being used? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Perhaps I am asking the wrong question. Yesterday I switched from the open Sennheiser Game One to the Closed Game Zero. I see that the zeros require... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Prodeje79, May 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM.

1. Prodeje79 Win User

How to verify impedance being used?

Perhaps I am asking the wrong question.
    Yesterday I switched from the open Sennheiser Game One to the Closed Game Zero. I see that the zeros require less ohms at 50 now at least. I love my ones but I'm unfortunately in a loud environment and closed is highly beneficial. I will keep my ones and perhaps use again at a later date

I have an ASUS z170 Pro gaming with the Supremefx (Realtek ALC1150 ?) With the 300Ω-headphone amplifier built in. They sound very tinny and weak. I suspect they are being underdriven. I could swear I could set (or at least see) what the impedance was at one point. I'd like to verify (or better yet set) the impedance. When I plugged in headset, I got the pop up. I tried auto and well as selecting the headset over the earbuds.

Windows 10 pro, 64 bit. I installed the latest ASUS drivers Version 6.0.1.7899 from 2016/08/23
    I've think I've looked every where and do not see it in the Realtek Audio Manager or in the windows settings.

I started reading the stickys and may try them out. I see about the HDA vs the UAD. I hate to do all that and still not see/help impedance?

Better yet, anyone already go through this with my same motherboard?

:)

2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

3. fedesol Win User
    Nokia's 5800 impedance (ohms)

If the headphones impedance is lower than the 5800 XM impedance, the source (5800 XM) will tend to overheat and more power is used up in the 5800 XM than is delivered to the speaker.

If the headphones impedance is higher than that of the 5800 XM, its power output will be less than it is capable of.

Impedance mismatches result in:

Poor tone quality of the sound

Energy comsumption issues

Overheating

I am awaiting to hear back from Nokia and will be posting the info here as soon as I get it!

4. How to verify impedance being used?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 23, 2020 at 4:41 PM
Thema:

How to verify impedance being used?

1. How to verify impedance being used? - Similar Threads - verify impedance being

2. disk being used!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disk being used!: I have been trying to solve this for a while and it's screwing with me using PureData. When disk usage ramps up to 98-100 percent, all of a sudden my audio starts lagging and glitching. Every so often it does this and I have to shut down or restart. I want to use Puredata in...
  3. How to remove a folder that is being "used by system"

How to remove a folder that is being "used by system": I know you shouldn't remove system folders, but in my case it is different, so, I recently installed the xbox gaming app on the C: Drive, but I chose to install the games in the E: drive, and for that I needed to change the apps instalation location which I had in drive C:...
  4. Bricked pc using driver verifier

Bricked pc using driver verifier: I was having some blue screen crashes, and while following one microsoft guide, i was told to use driver verifier to identify the faulty driver. I also made a restore point on my main harddrive right before starring the verifier. Now, the pc crashes on boot and i cant access...
  5. how to verify the password for WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to verify the password for WiFi: I am connected to two printers on my internal network via WiFi. The connections are made through a Netgear Nighthawk router. A password was established for the router when the Netgear was installed. This was done by a third party, who was helping me set up my new Windows 10...
  6. BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier: My computer has been crashing periodically and I wasn't sure what the problem was. I thought it was either a memory or driver issue. After running memtest and getting no errors, I was suggested to use Driver Verifier thanks to this helpful article...
  7. How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil

in Windows 10 News
    How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil: [ATTACH] Did you just download a large file? Or do you have a file that you have a suspicion about? The best way to make sure the file comes from a verified source is by measuring its checksum. A checksum is [...] This post How to verify MD5 checksum of files using Certutil...
  8. How to verify account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to verify account: When you change your account credentials for your MS account, specifically changing the email address.....why is there a 30 day wait period if you only have an email account to use to verify. If you have a mobile phone, you're instantly given a text with the code. Some of us...
  9. how to verify not missing patches

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to verify not missing patches: How do I verify that I am not missing any patches? Is there a way to either export what I have installed to say a csv and then get a file from MS to cross check that I don't have anything missing? 105889
  10. Ram Not being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...