Windows 10: How to verify ISO images "Linux"

Discus and support How to verify ISO images "Linux" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am hoping that this is appropriate to post this here and if not could someone kindly tell me where to go : ) to ask tis question? Years ago I created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phaedruspress, Jul 12, 2018.

1. How to verify ISO images "Linux"

I am hoping that this is appropriate to post this here and if not could someone kindly tell me where to go : ) to ask tis question? Years ago I created a live CD but I am now going to create a live bootable USB. Reading up on it it seems that it highly suggested to verify the iso even though I seem to be downloading it from the legit site:

https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=254

On the how to verify page unfortunately it is mostly gibberish to me (sorry about that).

https://linuxmint.com/verify.php

I got as far as this:

To verify the integrity of your ISO image, generate its SHA256 sum and compare it to the one found in the sha256sum.txt file.In most Linux distributions the SHA256 sum can be generated by opening a terminal and running the following commands:

Where it says open a terminal does that mean I open up a win 10 command prompt and go to the folder where I have the three files? I know that the phrase (terminal) is used within the Linux OS but since I don't have it already installed how do I open up a terminal?

What I really need is a "for dummies" guide in plain "windowsspeak" on how to proceed with the verification method. Thanks so much.

:)

phaedruspress, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Linux ISO

if you download any linux iso it is a bootable disk. just make sure when you burn the iso set you make sure your burn program is set to burn in .iso format or else it wont work instead youll be burning the .iso file and not 'imaging it" i know it doesnt sound right but thats the best i could explain it just make sure you tell your burning program your burning an iso and yes it will boot.

Solaris17, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Jul 12, 2018
  4. timta2 Win User

How to verify ISO images "Linux"

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

timta2, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

How to verify ISO images "Linux"

1. How to verify ISO images "Linux" - Similar Threads - verify ISO images

2. How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?: I'm away from home so I don't have my Windows repair USB.My laptop is currently running MX Linux - it came with Windows 10.I have my Windows 10 iso.Can I install Windows 10 without the repair USB?...
  3. How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?: I'm away from home so I don't have my Windows repair USB.My laptop is currently running MX Linux - it came with Windows 10.I have my Windows 10 iso.Can I install Windows 10 without the repair USB?...
  4. How to install Windows 10 over Linux with an iso?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are these 3 threats related to Kali Linux ISO image or are they real?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are these 3 threats related to Kali Linux ISO image or are they real?: I did a virus scan on my PC after visiting a website "claiming I did" but I did not click on anything on the site and quickly got away from it. After that happened I got a notification from Windows Security saying I had a threat on my computer. I clicked on it and...
  6. Kali Linux ISO Exploit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kali Linux ISO Exploit: Help please! Hello, I downloaded the kali linux iso which I only use in my virtual machine, I usually do analysis with windows defender for security and it detects exploits in this ISO, when I tried to take actions to remove it,...
  7. Verify the integrity of this Windows ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify the integrity of this Windows ISO: I want to confirm my iso copy of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC it appears to include both N and non N x64 versions is indeed legitimate. The SHA1 hash is d5b2f95e3dd658517fe7c14df4f36de633ca4845...
  8. How To Verify Integrity of Windows 10 ISO Images?

How To Verify Integrity of Windows 10 ISO Images?: Hello everyone, I recently downloaded a 64-bit ISO image of Windows 10, version 1909. How can I check to see if the MD5 or SHA-2 sums of the ISO image that I downloaded match the MD5 or SHA-2 sums of the source ISO image on Microsoft's website here?...
  9. Imaging to an ISO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imaging to an ISO?: I'm continuing to learn about imaging, a topic I've previously neglected. In addition to a couple of images I've made using the Win 10 facility (strangely accessed via File History?) I've just made another with a program called DataNumen Disk Image:...
  10. ISO image

ISO image: Hi My apologies if this has been asked already. I've downloaded the ISO image and tried to burn it to DVD only to find that is too large 5.6 GIG and doesn't fit on a 4.7 : is there a way to get it to fit or can I extract it to desktop and run it from there? Any...