Windows 10: How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator??

Discus and support How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I verify I’m logged in as the Administrator and not just a User? This came up when I was starting up a newly purchased Win10 computer for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rdjl972, Aug 20, 2020.

1. rdjl972 Win User

How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator??

Can I verify I’m logged in as the Administrator and not just a User? This came up when I was starting up a newly purchased Win10 computer for the first time and it asked me to create a “PIN” number instead of an Administrator password. I entered a four-digit number for the PIN request because I was thinking that I would also be asked for an Administrator password afterward. I never was asked, so the PIN number became an Administrator password I guess. So, I have subsequently changed the PIN to our regular password which is no longer a number but an alpha-numeric password.

So, how can I verify that I’m logged in as an administrator?

Thanks,

Rick

:)

rdjl972, Aug 20, 2020
  2. rdjl972 Win User

Can I verify I’m logged in as the Administrator and not just a User? This came up when I was starting up a newly purchased Win10 computer for the first time and it asked me to create a “PIN” number instead of an Administrator password.
    I entered a four-digit number for the PIN request because I was thinking that I would also be asked for an Administrator password afterward. I never was asked, so the PIN number became an Administrator password (I guess). So, I have subsequently changed
    the PIN to our regular password which is no longer a number but an alpha-numeric password.

So, how can I verify that I’m logged in as an administrator?

Thanks,

Rick

rdjl972, Aug 22, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 22, 2020
  4. How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator??

Hello,

I request you to enable built-in admin account and create a new account with all admin rights.

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Verify That I'm Logged IN As Administrator?? - Similar Threads - Verify I'm Logged

2. Log in as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in as an administrator: Hello,couple of days ago i locked my computer using microsoft website as i thought i lost my lap top. I found it but now my lap top is locked and i need to sign in as administrator how do i do that ?...
  3. Log in as an administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in as an administrator: Hello,couple of days ago i locked my computer using microsoft website as i thought i lost my lap top. I found it but now my lap top is locked and i need to sign in as administrator how do i do that ?...
  4. how to log in as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to log in as administrator?: Hi there,Recently I synced my one laptop with original I used both have windows 10. But the new user although is in sync but is logged in as guest account and most of the softwares are not working on it. in Accounts there is no Family and other users tab.kindly help.regards...
  5. how to log in as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to log in as administrator?: Hi there,Recently I synced my one laptop with original I used both have windows 10. But the new user although is in sync but is logged in as guest account and most of the softwares are not working on it. in Accounts there is no Family and other users tab.kindly help.regards...
  6. how to log in as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Log in as Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in as Administrator: I am unble to make any changes to my own desktop PC because I keep getting a message to "Log in ad administrator" message. I do not know how this changed or what I can do to fix the situation. When I see my profile, it shows nothing about being an administrator below my...
  8. Log in as Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in as Administrator: My normal login user is set up as an Administrator type with no password, but when I launch Rosetta Stone it tells me I need to log in with administrator privileges. When I log in my screen comes up (no password needed) and I don't see any question asking me about logging in...
  9. Administrator Log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Log in: How to login administrator account, being a local user since I accidentally disabled it. Due to I can't give permissions on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/administrator-log-in/ce212fa6-aca6-4262-93d1-cf7c13e9ab08
  10. I'm the administrator. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm the administrator. How to fix this?: I'm working on an issue with my PC & need to open the Device Manage to check hardware. I keep getting this "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" error. Huh? I'm the administrator. How to fix this? 114516