Windows 10: how to verify the password for WiFi

Discus and support how to verify the password for WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am connected to two printers on my internal network via WiFi. The connections are made through a Netgear Nighthawk router. A password was established... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Oct 25, 2019.

1. how to verify the password for WiFi

I am connected to two printers on my internal network via WiFi. The connections are made through a Netgear Nighthawk router. A password was established for the router when the Netgear was installed. This was done by a third party, who was helping me set up my new Windows 10 desktop computer.

Later, when I installed the printers, Canon TS8120 and HPOfficejet 5200, there was a WiFi button on the printer to establish the connection. I didn't need to enter a password for the Netgear. I now am trying to connect a new device to the WiFi network, and it is asking for the password. The password is documented in my password manager (KeePass), but the new device is not accepting that password.

The new device is called a GrandPad; the vendor is Consumer Cellular. It's advertised as a senior-friendly table device that seniors can use for email, phone calls, etc., that one might otherwise do with a full-fledged tablet device such as an iPad--a whole lot less expensive.

It's been a long time since I've needed to use the password, so it's possible that it has changed and I failed to change the KeePass entry.

So...Is there a way to "simulate" trying to connect to my WiFi--other than through the GrandPad? I'm not keen on re-installing the router. If the simulation works, then this would suggest that the new device is not interpreting the password correctly. If it fails, then I suppose my only option is to re-install the Netgear.

Thanks.

:)

SweetTasha, Oct 25, 2019

2. Changing my Wifi password

Hi,

To properly reconnect to the WiFi network, it is always advised to forget and reconnect to the network once the password is changed. However, you can follow these steps if you just want to update its password:

• Click the Windows key, then select Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Under WiFi, click Change adapter options.
    • On the Network Connections window, click the WiFi connection.
    • Click the Wireless Properties tab.
    • Verify if your device is connected to the correct network.
    • Click Security.
    • Update the password under Network security key.
    • Click OK, then Close.

Once done, try to check if you are reconnected to the network.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Help with changing wifi password?

No. That will NOT change your WiFi password. The router administration password and WiFi password are two completely different passwords.

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

how to verify the password for WiFi

Help with changing wifi password?

That section is for the password you enter to get into the routers settings. You need to go to your WiFi or wireless settings page, look for the security options, and the WiFi password will be listed as either Password, or Key, or WPA Key.

On my router it's the Password (Network Key) block:

how to verify the password for WiFi [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

how to verify the password for WiFi

1. how to verify the password for WiFi - Similar Threads - verify password WiFi

2. WiFi Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Password: How to find my wifi password? Have Win 10, Need to get my deceased son's cell phone on my Wifi, cannot remember or find my password.Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-password/ed8b6a7b-71b8-4dea-bc58-63a2165485d2
  3. WiFi Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Password: How to find my wifi password? Have Win 10, Need to get my deceased son's cell phone on my Wifi, cannot remember or find my password.Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-password/ed8b6a7b-71b8-4dea-bc58-63a2165485d2
  4. How to get wifi password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get wifi password.: I need the wifi password of a network that is connected via ethernet. My dad has decided to create two wifi networks, one wifi network is unrestricted and works, while the other blocks certain keywords and crashes a lot due to a faulty "kids wifi" extension. Its hard to work...
  5. How to find my WiFi Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find my WiFi Password: I followed the online instructions. But at "Connections", my blue field is Ethernet. I cannot open the additional windows per the instructions because they are not available from my Ethernet connection. Please help!...
  6. wifi stuck on verifying and connecting

wifi stuck on verifying and connecting: Hi All! I'm running windows 10 on a dell pavilion laptop with an intel ac 3160 wifi, probably from 2016. acpi x 64. intel i 5200 at 2.2 GHZ. Not sure what other info you might need. I am unable to connect to my home wifi when i have to type in the password. it gets...
  7. wifi password

wifi password: how can I see the password that was used to connect to the wifi that was previously used on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-password/4d2909a1-c5b7-4236-962e-8befc2181a9f
  8. Verify your password to view stored passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your password to view stored passwords: 3 computers NONE synced. I tried to use the same password of each and when I get to the third computer, my password does not work. I cannot change it . IF I HAD AN OPTION I WOULD REMOVE WINDOWS 10...
  9. Verify your password to view stored passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your password to view stored passwords: 3 computers NONE synced. I tried to use the same password of each and when I get to the third computer, my password does not work. I cannot change it . IF I HAD AN OPTION I WOULD REMOVE WINDOWS 10...
  10. Verify Credentials with No Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Credentials with No Password: So, I have forgotten a password but it's saved in Windows 10. I can go to web credentials and see it there, but when I hit the 'show' button, it asks me to verify my credentials to see the password. I do not have a password on my local account on Windows 10, so I'm not sure...