Windows 10: How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App

Discus and support How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a PFM file 32-bit floating point image and I want to view it using Windows 10 Photos App. Although this application exists in my system, I am... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by M Ghanim, Feb 11, 2020.

1. M Ghanim Win User

How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App

I have a PFM file 32-bit floating point image and I want to view it using Windows 10 Photos App. Although this application exists in my system, I am unable to find it at ' Open With' options. It tried the typical Windows Photo Viewer however it does not support PFM format. Thanks in advance.

:)

M Ghanim, Feb 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 11, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 11, 2020
  4. How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App

Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App

1. How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App - Similar Threads - View PFM Image

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. How to view "Favourites" in the Win 10 Photo App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to view "Favourites" in the Win 10 Photo App?: I can add a picture to "Favourites" by pressing the heart icon at the top. However if I open the photos app I cannot see any folder/place named "Favourites" to browse these pictures... submitted by /u/lee1126 [link] [comments]...
  5. How to stop Windows 10 from switching image viewer default app to the Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Windows 10 from switching image viewer default app to the Windows Photo Viewer: Hello, Thanks in advanced for offering a solution to my issue, if you can. About twice a week, Windows 10 will re-assign picture opening one image extension or all of them to Windows Photo Viewer. I much prefer ACDSee. So how can I lock in ACDSee as my 'photo' viewer for...
  6. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images: Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the image. Usually working with .jpg and .png files. It started happening fairly recently. It worked fine before. I need to close and...
  7. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images: Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the image. Usually working with .jpg and .png files. It started happening fairly recently. It worked fine before. I need to close and...
  8. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection: Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto zoom/cropping that happens to images in a Photos App collection when viewing it??? As in not when opening an individual image but when there are multiple images in a folder or collection. cheers....
  9. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  10. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150