Windows 10: How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures

Discus and support How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Students are sending me homework as .HEIC pictures. According to How-to Geek, this is easy if you have the April 2018 update of Win 10 (mine: Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gammonGo, Apr 4, 2020.

1. gammonGo Win User

How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures

Students are sending me homework as .HEIC pictures. According to How-to Geek, this is easy if you have the April 2018 update of Win 10 (mine: Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362).

However, I can't find where the button to "Click the 'Download codecs at Microsoft Store' link in the Photos app". Even discounting MS' distaste for using words to describe its buttons, it seems awfully hard to find.

Anyhow, elsewhere in the article it gives a link to to the HEIF Image Extensions.I clicked "Get" and it opens the MS Store, which says "This product is installed". Back to Win exporer, double click the .HEIC and it still cannot read the file. I even tried the "Launch" button in MS Store.

What did I forget to do, or otherwise need to do to fix this?

:)

gammonGo, Apr 4, 2020

2. HEIC file viewing

Hi suedama,

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you. Let's try to install the following extension, please:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-ex...

"To open the HEIC image, go to the Windows store link to get the HEIF extension here.

View HEIC & HEVC files on Windows 10 Photos app

Click on the Install button to install the HEIF codec.

It is important to note that, users would be needed to install both HEIF extension as well as HEVC extension to view images and play videos, as, HEIF files with HEIC file extension are compressed using HEVC format. It is mandatory to install both the extension
    and installing a HEIC file extension alone without HEVC extension would fail to view .HEIC files images"

More details here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/view-heic-hevc-f...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know, please. kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, Apr 4, 2020
  3. PH55-1 Win User
    HEIC EXTENSION

Downloaded pictures from an IPhone7 to an HP but can't view pictures because it has an HEIC extension, help

PH55-1, Apr 4, 2020
  4. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures - Similar Threads - view Apple's HEIC

2. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  3. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  4. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Viewing HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Viewing HEIC photos: Looking for some tech advice. Long story short, I was forced to factory reset my iPhone, however the most recent backup was corrupted. I was able to salvage my photos through a 3rd party app. All 9000 or so photos are on a folder on my desktop. I downloaded an extension (the...
  6. How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?: I have transferred photos and videos from an iPhone X to the Windows 10 laptop but am unable to open the HEIC file. It displays install additional codices to work with this file and download codices at the Microsoft Store. But that extension is not free. Isn’t there a way to...
  7. View pictures

View pictures: How come there is'nt a standard program installed for the simple task of viewing a god damn picture in the even more stupid windows 10? Please explain the motivation behind that....
  8. HEIC file viewing

HEIC file viewing: I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions? I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location...
  9. Viewing jpg pictures

Viewing jpg pictures: New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing. Can such a simple procedure be found in W10? When I click on...
  10. Viewing pictures

Viewing pictures: I have an ACDsee picture viewer that I like to use, but everytime I click on a picture the windows photo viewer shows the picture, how can I stop this and view my picture in ACDsee 25875

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i see heic files in windows 10