Windows 10: How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10

Discus and support How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I am sure you have noticed that some applications on Windows 10 look crisp and sharp, while others are blurred and unappealing text. This is a common... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10

I am sure you have noticed that some applications on Windows 10 look crisp and sharp, while others are blurred and unappealing text. This is a common problem because not all apps are made to scale automatically, and even if you have an excellent GPU and higher resolution, nothing seems to work. That’s where dots […]

This article How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 15, 2021

2. DPI awareness not working for certain apps

Hello coth,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Please be informed, some desktop applications (except for the Modern Apps) may appear somewhat blurry or crisp sharp when you compare them with other applications on the screen. Also, which win32 apps are you referring to in this case?

In order to provide an optimal experience on high-DPI displays, desktop applications have to detect the DPI of the display that is being used and then scale their graphical elements, text, and screen layout appropriately. Some applications do not implement
    this. In some cases, the application vendor may be able to provide an updated software version that better supports high-DPI displays.

If there is no updated DPI-aware version of the application available, you may be able to alter the appearance of the application.

You can disable display scaling for an individual desktop app in Windows 10. Here’s how:

• In the search box, type the name of the app.
    • Select the app’s tile and tap or click Open file location to open File Explorer on the desktop.
    • In File Explorer, tap and hold (or right-click) the app’s executable (.exe) file and select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • In the Settings section, select Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click OK and check with the results.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to DPI settings in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 15, 2021
  3. coth Win User
    DPI awareness not working for certain apps

Some win32 looks poor in dpi awareness. How to force them to work in specific resolution instead?

Original title: Per-app DPI

4. How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10

DPI Aware programs that fail at 4K

I have a few programs that are marked as DPI aware that work great at 96 DPI (100%) (1024x768) and 120 DPI (125%) (1920x1080). Recently, I upgraded to a 4K monitor, and these particular apps have problems at 216 DPI (225%) (3840x2160). The most common
    problem is that UI elements may be extremely tiny. Currently, Windows 10 does not offer any way to force DWM scaling on a program marked DPI aware, other than hacking the manifest in the EXE (or using an external manifest) to try to mark it DPI unaware.
    (One of those EXEs is an online game where hacking the EXE is against their rules.)

From looking at these glitches, I'm under the impression that when the developers used something like Visual Studio to make these programs, that maybe Visual Studio marked them as DPI aware by default, and the developers might've never learned about DPI
    awareness in their computer science courses. Therefore, the developers may have never known to even test these programs at different DPI settings, and they might've had no idea Visual Studio was enabling the DPI aware flag, since that setting is tucked away
    in the project settings.

Now my question... how do I contact the Microsoft developers who work on the DPI awareness aspect of Windows to let them know about this issue, so that perhaps they could add some improvements to Windows 10 to address this? For example, perhaps they might
    add another checkbox to the Compatibility tab to allow the forcing of DWM scaling even if the program claims to be DPI aware. But I think they'd have to be aware this issue exists first.

JoshuaHoffmann, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10

1. How to view DPI Awareness Mode of Apps in Task Manager of Windows10 - Similar Threads - view DPI Awareness

2. How to unsuspend apps in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unsuspend apps in task manager: I tried to upgrade my Nvidia MX550 driver, but when I opened GeForce Experience, it just said there was an error and I should restart my PC. So I did—same error. Then I remembered that one time when my PC would BSOD once in a while, I used Microsoft Support Live Chat, and one...
  3. How to unsuspend apps in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unsuspend apps in task manager: I tried to upgrade my Nvidia MX550 driver, but when I opened GeForce Experience, it just said there was an error and I should restart my PC. So I did—same error. Then I remembered that one time when my PC would BSOD once in a while, I used Microsoft Support Live Chat, and one...
  4. How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...: Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all sub-processes of google chrome and I believe that is the reason for the drop in performance.I am able to disable efficiency mode...
  5. How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...: Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all sub-processes of google chrome and I believe that is the reason for the drop in performance.I am able to disable efficiency mode...
  6. High-DPI-awareness scaling factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High-DPI-awareness scaling factors: Hello, all Whan I check the value of GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN on a high-DPI device with Widnows 10, I see that the ratio between virtual and physical pixels is exactly two: GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 2736; // high-DPI-aware GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 1368;...
  7. Windows Task Manager Tips and Tricks you may not be aware of

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Task Manager Tips and Tricks you may not be aware of: [ATTACH]Task Manager is the most important program you will have access to when everything else has either crashed or not responding. The post lists down […] This article Windows Task Manager Tips and Tricks you may not be aware of first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. See DPI Awareness of Running Apps in Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See DPI Awareness of Running Apps in Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: See DPI Awareness of Running Apps in Task Manager in Windows 10 How to See DPI Awareness of Running Apps in Task Manager in Windows 10 Dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of number of pixels in a linear inch of a display. DPI is a function of display...
  9. Window 10 - blurry text in non-high DPI aware apps - try to fix it

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 - blurry text in non-high DPI aware apps - try to fix it: Hello, I upgraded to the Windows 10 becouse I was looking forward to per monitor DPI feature. This feature works well - except for the non-high DPI aware apps. These apps are rendered using DPI virtualization and appear blurry on high DPI displays. I've read some MS...
  10. Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%: Hi, I don't know if it has been asked before but I have had issues that I can reproduce on both my laptop and desktop, with DPI scaling. Applications like Device Manager would scale fine in 8.1, but in 10 the text is stretched. At 125% the text is blurry, and at 200% it...