Windows 10: How to view ghost files in Windows Explorer? [Please Read Text/Body]

Discus and support How to view ghost files in Windows Explorer? [Please Read Text/Body] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I was cleaning up my Document Folder today and found a folder with over 5000 files. I assumed it may have been another web dev folder with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/varungupta3009, Mar 7, 2021.

1. How to view ghost files in Windows Explorer? [Please Read Text/Body]

So, I was cleaning up my Document Folder today and found a folder with over 5000 files. I assumed it may have been another web dev folder with "node_modules" but instead the folder contained just 6 PDFs. I always have hidden files visible, but none were shown. When I unhid system files, I found a $RECYCLE.BIN folder. But the sole symbolic link in this folder redirects to my empty system RECYCLE BIN and doesn't show me the actual files in the directory. I might have copied it over from the root of another Windows Drive long ago.

I would like to know how to view the files inside the folder.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/varungupta3009
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/varungupta3009, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2021
  3. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 7, 2021
  4. How to view ghost files in Windows Explorer? [Please Read Text/Body]

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

How to view ghost files in Windows Explorer? [Please Read Text/Body]

1. How to view ghost files in Windows Explorer? [Please Read Text/Body] - Similar Threads - view ghost files

2. Ghost disk in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost disk in Windows 11 File Explorer: I recently opened File Explorer and noticed a disk under "This PC" that reads as follows: "Local Disk L:" When I attempt to open it I get a popup that reads "Location is not available. L:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified." This "disk" does not...
  3. Ghost disk in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost disk in Windows 11 File Explorer: I recently opened File Explorer and noticed a disk under "This PC" that reads as follows: "Local Disk L:" When I attempt to open it I get a popup that reads "Location is not available. L:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified." This "disk" does not...
  4. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  5. File explorer view

File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  6. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  7. File Explorer views

File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  8. File explorer and view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. Windows Explorer ghosts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer ghosts: Hello, I have noticed a rather irritating problem when using windows explorer, in particular - to search files using the search box. When I open a folder in my computer, it opens twice whether i double click, press enter, right click open, etc... When using the...