Windows 10: How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

Discus and support How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by minkadam, Jun 24, 2015.

1. minkadam Win User

How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

Hi,

We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan UI. Without using option "Open in Internet Explorer" which is available in Project Spartan.

Kinldy suggest how to view our webisite in Proejct Spartan.

:)

minkadam, Jun 24, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 24, 2015
  3. RCH3 Win User
    Google+ homepage will not load with Microsoft Edge browser. I will get a partial load of the web page with an error stating that the browser is not supported.

<Original title: Edge browser issues>

Google+ homepage will not load with Microsoft Edge browser. I will get a partial load of the web page with an error stating that the browser is not supported.

If I try to reload the page I will a screen offering me a choice of other browsers to use (chrome, IE 10, firefox and opera). I have read that there are problems loading with IE 11 improperly loading the Google homepage also. Is there a bug with Project
    Spartan or the Google website or perhaps my settings.

4. Mystere Win User

The first thing you need to know about Microsoft Edge (AKA Project Spartan) is that it has no backwards compatibility with older versions of Internet Explorer. There is no way to make sites that only work in compatibility mode work in Edge.

The only way to do it is to not use compatibility mode, and rewrite your non-standard compliant HTML to be standard compliant.

Mystere, Jun 24, 2015
Thema:

1. How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE - Similar Threads - view older website

2. Websites that run using compatibility view settings in IE-11 do not load properly after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Websites that run using compatibility view settings in IE-11 do not load properly after...: Hello Everyone, I am facing an issue after installing Windows Update KB4586781. I work in an organization which uses IE-11 browser on Windows 10. The applicationswebsites uses compatibility view settings. The domain is saved under compatibility view list. After installing...
  3. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  4. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  5. Can't access Web with Spartan or IE, but internet is connected

in Browsers and Email
    Can't access Web with Spartan or IE, but internet is connected: I just installed 10074, last weekend and everything seemed to be working. I was able to use Spartan to access the web and I was able to use IE to access the Web. Last night some updates where installed. Today I can not get on the Web. Spartan says something like "sorry...
  6. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  7. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  8. Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...

in Browsers and Email
    Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...: I am a developer who currently has a web application that calls a COM object on the PC that IE is running on. With Project Spartan I'm aware that they are getting rid of Active X which is the method we used to be able to do this. What I'm looking for is what is the...
  9. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  10. Updates from the “Project Spartan” Developer Workshop

in Windows 10 News
    Updates from the “Project Spartan” Developer Workshop: Today we’re excited to host some of our top web site partners, enterprise developers and web framework authors at the Microsoft Silicon Valley campus for a "Project Spartan" developer workshop to get an early look at Windows 10’s new default browsing experience as it rapidly...