Windows 10: How to view the DNS cache contents in Windows 10

Discus and support How to view the DNS cache contents in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to view the DNS cache contents […] This article How to view the DNS cache contents in Windows 10 first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 29, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to view the DNS cache contents in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 DNS caching problem

After some time of messing around with the two windows 10 machines I have, one a laptop, the other a surface pro 4, I've consistently hit the DNS resolution issues that many other people have reported.

Basically what happens is DNS resolution stops functioning for a period of time, however previously cached domains still resolve. A simple and effective solution to this is to just flush dns cache with ipconfig /flushdns command. More frustrating is that
    it appears when DNS resolution fails, nxdomain is cached as well (which may actually be a significant part of the problem).

Microsoft network engineering should take a good look at how the resolver cache is handled, as it appears that some failure which results in DNS resolution failure will end up with a cached nxdomain (which should never happen). The fact that a simple dns
    flush fixes the problem instantly strongly suggests that there is a bug in this part of the code which needs closer examination.

ColinFaber, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Caching web content in Windows 10 (pro) since May 2016 upgrade.

Hi Creig,

The above issue might occur due to the presence of virus/malware content on the computer. The issue might also occur if there is a problem with the network used on the computer.

Since the issue persists on other browser as well, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if here is any issue with the network.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

• Type Ping followed by the website name (ex: Ping Microsoft.com) and press
      Enter key on the keyboard.

• Check if the number of sent and received packages are same.

If the issue persists, flush your PC’s DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

• Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:

ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

• Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of caching web content on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Flush DNS Cache

New:

DNS Cache Viewer (DCV)

The purpose of DCV is to allow you to view what Windows has in it's local DNS Cache, and allow you to flush it if you want.

Virus Total Report:

How to view the DNS cache contents in Windows 10 [​IMG]

For me:

After flush (without manually disabling or stopping the service)

Most of those cached entries are contained in HOSTS file. (27642 after excluding the first 5 lines)

Callender, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to view the DNS cache contents in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - view DNS cache

2. How to display all cached DNS entries on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to display all cached DNS entries on Windows: The Windows operating system uses a cache for DNS entries. DNS (Domain Name System) is a core technology of the Internet that is being used for communication. In particular, it is used to lookup IP addresses of domain names. [ATTACH] When users type a domain name in the...
  3. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  4. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  5. how to view clipboard contents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to view clipboard contents?: how to view clipboard contents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-view-clipboard-contents/66a3b49c-d3b5-42d6-88eb-15b8896e5b53
  6. DNS Cache

DNS Cache: I have a site that was pointed to shopify, and then closed the store. Now when I try to load the new site, it always directs to the closed shopify site. If I do a dns reset using ipconfig /flushdns it will work for a while, but then always reverts back. So I have to reset...
  7. DNS Cache Users

DNS Cache Users: Do Google Chrome, MS Edge, & IE all use the same DNS Cache? And is there any wisdom to periodically flushing the cache just as a normal maintenance routine? 80766
  8. Random websites in DNS cache..?

Random websites in DNS cache..?: Hey all, first of all - thanks for taking a look at my post. So I was having problems with a twitch stream and the error came up about "DNS probe failed" on chrome, looking this up revealed I needed to clean history on my chrome + clear out the dns cache with ipconfig...
  9. Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows: How to: Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows How to Display Your DNS Resolver Cache in Windows A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted visits to websites and...
  10. Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10: How to: Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 How to Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 [img] Information A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted...