Windows 10: How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10

Discus and support How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Wi-Fi Network Adapter is an electronic hardware device used in computers and laptops to connect the nearby local area network LAN to the system. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10

Wi-Fi Network Adapter is an electronic hardware device used in computers and laptops to connect the nearby local area network LAN to the system. It generates important commands required by the computer to communicate to the wireless internet device. The main function is performed by the antenna to transmit the radio wave to the Wi-fi connected to the computer. We have seen how to view Wi-Fi Network Driver information, now let us see view the Wi-Fi network adapter settings on Windows 10.

Check Network Adapter settings on Windows 10

Many essential functions of the Wi-fi network adapter can be managed with the help of the Settings application but a rooted analysis requires few more clicks. The below process will guide you in viewing Wi-fi Network adapter settings on Windows 10:

1. Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
    2. Inside the Command Prompt window, type the following- netsh wlan show interfaces
    3. Press the Enter key to see the settings of your Wi-Fi network adapter.

The Network adapter settings can simply be accessed through the command prompt of the computer system. Therefore, you first need to open an elevated Command Prompt and run the associated command.

To do so, right-click on Start and select the Run dialog box from the menu list. Then type cmd in the text box and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

If User Account Control (UAC) prompts and asks for your permission then click on the Yes button to continue.

How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10 How-to-View-Wi-Fi-network-adapter-settings-on-Windows-10.png

Now you type the following command and press Enter to view Wi-Fi network adapter settings.

netsh wlan show interfaces

Running the above command will show the Wi-Fi network adapter settings right there on your screen. However, besides this, if you want to access the settings of a specific profile, you can do it by running a simple command.

To do so, type the below command and press Enter:

netsh wlan show interface name="WLAN-INTERFACE-NAME"

In the above command, you will need to replace WLAN INTERFACE NAME with the name of the specific profile that has to be viewed by the user. The most commonly used adapter is the Wi-Fi network adapter, in such case, the WLAN interface name will become “Wi-Fi”.

After performing the steps, you will be able to view, unique SSID, signal strength, name & attributes, radio signal, address of the wireless adapter, and the rate of transmission.

These details are enough to manage all the functions of one or more adapters attached to your operating system.

Hope it helps!

Related: How to fix WiFi problems in Windows 10.

How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10 How-to-View-Wi-Fi-network-adapter-settings-on-Windows-10.png
    This article How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 15, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Wi-fi adapter doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?

• Have you updated all the Wi-Fi drivers?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the
    issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager”

• On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it

• Right on the “Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’

• Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 15, 2021
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 15, 2021
  4. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - view Network Adapter

2. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  3. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  4. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  5. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...: My computer Windows 10 Pro; HP Omni 120-1134 suddenly disconnected from my Wi-Fi connection. This is not necessarily uncommon due to issues with the modem-router itself, but what was unusual was that it was unable to detect any wireless connection through neither the taskbar...
  8. [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Windows 10] Wi-Fi network adapter missing; can't see available Wi-Fi networks, and various...: My computer Windows 10 Pro; HP Omni 120-1134 suddenly disconnected from my Wi-Fi connection. This is not necessarily uncommon due to issues with the modem-router itself, but what was unusual was that it was unable to detect any wireless connection through neither the taskbar...
  9. How to view Wi-Fi Network Driver information on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Wi-Fi Network Driver information on Windows 10: Wi-Fi also known as Wireless Location Area Network, WLAN, is the most popular device used for connecting the internet to the computer in homes, schools, and small business units. Wi-Fi network is made compatible with the computer with the help of Wi-fi network drivers. The...
  10. How to view Wi-Fi Network Profiles stored on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Wi-Fi Network Profiles stored on Windows 10: Windows 10 is one of the most loved operating systems that facilitates its user to connect to the wireless network by creating a network profile when a new network is connected to it. The network profile contains access to the user’s computer system and files therefore it is...