Windows 10: how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

Discus and support how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse in normal sleep PC woke up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Default_315, Apr 3, 2020.

1. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life

is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse

in normal sleep PC woke up easily from any mouse click or keyboard

:)

Default_315, Apr 3, 2020

2. Keyboard/mouse now wakes my computer from hibernate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of hibernation was that it can only be turned back on by pressing the power button and couldn't be woken up by mouse/keyboard. My old computer and my laptop acts this way. I've just built a new computer and
    noticed that it wakes from hibernation from both the keyboard and mouse. Is this a new feature? If so, is there a way to undo this?

I thought perhaps the issue was with hybrid sleep being selected, but I turned it off and it still wakes from hibernation so that wasn't it. USB selective suspending is also enabled so when it's in hibernation, it should be suspending my keyboard/mouse
    but apparently it's still monitoring those signals.

I don't want to un-check "allow this device to wake the computer" because I still want to be able to wake my computer from sleep using my mouse/keyboard. But when I'm in hibernation, I want it to act like it's off and ignore mouse/keyboard inputs. There
    should be a way to do this, right? This was how my old computer acted so I would hope so...

dfvx990mq321pl, Apr 3, 2020
  3. yakideo Win User
    S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Apr 3, 2020
  4. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Already did this, made no difference, maybe because it’s a wireless mouse......going to look in dev manager & see if the mouse is listed as a keyboard...prefer to wake from hibernation with the keyboard, with mouse disabled, as the PC power button is a bit weak and prefer not to use it......

reddwarf4ever, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

1. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse - Similar Threads - wake hibernation using

2. Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate: On my Windows 11 PC, it used to be that the Bluetooth mouse would wake up instantly from Hibernate. Now, it takes close to 1 minute to connect to the laptop after starting PC from Hibernate. Please advise any solution. Thank you....
  3. Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse very slow to wake up from Hibernate: On my Windows 11 PC, it used to be that the Bluetooth mouse would wake up instantly from Hibernate. Now, it takes close to 1 minute to connect to the laptop after starting PC from Hibernate. Please advise any solution. Thank you....
  4. How to stop my PC from waking from hibernate on keyboard/mouse input?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop my PC from waking from hibernate on keyboard/mouse input?: On my old computer, I could put it into hibernate overnight and it wouldn't turn on no matter how much I spammed keyboard/mouse. I have been using a much better gaming PC since mid-February this year, works very smoothly and I love it, however I can't hibernate like I used...
  5. Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse: I am new to this subreddit. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home that I have connected to an external monitor, SteelSeries mechanical keyboard, and Logitech gaming mouse. I am trying to figure out how to turn on the pc using the keyboard and the mouse. I have...
  6. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  7. Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?

Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?: I would like it to work like it used to on my computers of the past: like shutdown, only turning on with the power button. Can that be done? submitted by /u/Fighterbear12 [link] [comments]...
  8. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  9. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to mechanical keyboard