Windows 10: How to wake up my laptop

Discus and support How to wake up my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, When my screen goes black - presumably it's in sleep mode - on my Lenovo Legion I cannot wake it up. Pressing power button quickly, moving mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MarkShaw7, Jul 26, 2021.

1. MarkShaw7 Win User

How to wake up my laptop

Hi, When my screen goes black - presumably it's in sleep mode - on my Lenovo Legion I cannot wake it up. Pressing power button quickly, moving mouse pressing a key does not wake it up. I have to press and hold power button then restart the computer. Any ideas how to resolve the issue? Thank you

:)

MarkShaw7, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

How to wake up my laptop [​IMG]

Chadi, Jul 26, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 26, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

How to wake up my laptop

Laptop does not wake from sleep

We appreciate your response. Since the troubleshooting steps above hasn't resolved your concern, what we suggest next is check the settings of your mouse and keyboard on the Control Panel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start Menu and open Device Manager.
    • Locate Keyboard and Mice and other Pointing devices. Double click to expand the same.
    • Right click on the drivers mentioned under the two respective devices and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the Power Management tab and check the box
      Allow this device to wake this PC.
    • Click on Apply and then OK. Reboot the PC and check.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

How to wake up my laptop

1. How to wake up my laptop - Similar Threads - wake laptop

2. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  3. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  4. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  5. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  6. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  7. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  8. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

9. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  10. Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

Recently when my laptop wakes up, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...