Windows 10: How to wake up my laptop

Discus and support How to wake up my laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When my Lenovo laptop goes to sleep mode or total block it won't turn on again or wake up. Anything I do won't wake it up and I need to hard reset and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JabbiLiam, Aug 31, 2022.

1. JabbiLiam Win User

How to wake up my laptop

When my Lenovo laptop goes to sleep mode or total block it won't turn on again or wake up. Anything I do won't wake it up and I need to hard reset and turn it back on. How to fix this?

:)

JabbiLiam, Aug 31, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 31, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    Laptop does not wake from sleep

We appreciate your response. Since the troubleshooting steps above hasn't resolved your concern, what we suggest next is check the settings of your mouse and keyboard on the Control Panel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start Menu and open Device Manager.
    • Locate Keyboard and Mice and other Pointing devices. Double click to expand the same.
    • Right click on the drivers mentioned under the two respective devices and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the Power Management tab and check the box
      Allow this device to wake this PC.
    • Click on Apply and then OK. Reboot the PC and check.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 31, 2022
  4. Chadi Win User

How to wake up my laptop

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

How to wake up my laptop [​IMG]

Chadi, Aug 31, 2022
Thema:

How to wake up my laptop

1. How to wake up my laptop - Similar Threads - wake laptop

2. Laptop keeps waking up and turning off again in sleep mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps waking up and turning off again in sleep mode Windows 11: Hi, I just bought an ACER V16 laptop a few days ago and I'm having a bit of a problem. As the title says, whenever I put it to sleep, the laptop turns back on for 5 seconds or so, and then goes back to sleep mode again. This happens every 20 seconds or so when it's in sleep...
  3. Laptop keeps waking up and turning off again in sleep mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps waking up and turning off again in sleep mode Windows 11: Hi, I just bought an ACER V16 laptop a few days ago and I'm having a bit of a problem. As the title says, whenever I put it to sleep, the laptop turns back on for 5 seconds or so, and then goes back to sleep mode again. This happens every 20 seconds or so when it's in sleep...
  4. Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen: Hi,My laptop recently updated version 23H2, OS Build: 22631.3737 the other day. I noticed after doing that, every time I close my laptop and it goes into sleep mode, it wakes from the boot screen so I am constantly having to relaunch programs every time.I've checked my power...
  5. Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen

Why is my sleeping laptop waking from the boot screen: Hi,My laptop recently updated version 23H2, OS Build: 22631.3737 the other day. I noticed after doing that, every time I close my laptop and it goes into sleep mode, it wakes from the boot screen so I am constantly having to relaunch programs every time.I've checked my power...
  6. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when laptop wakes from sleep: Hello,I have a ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425JA running Windows 10 that is crashing a lot giving the BSOD error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen most often after waking from sleep. I am attaching the minidump files and a MEMORY.DMP file here.Please help me with the...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when laptop wakes from sleep

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when laptop wakes from sleep: Hello,I have a ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425JA running Windows 10 that is crashing a lot giving the BSOD error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen most often after waking from sleep. I am attaching the minidump files and a MEMORY.DMP file here.Please help me with the...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to stop keyboard from waking laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop keyboard from waking laptop: I normally know how to stop the keyboard from waking the laptop by going into Device Manager / Keyboard / Power Management. But to my great surprise, there is no Power Management to be found under keyboard. If it was there, and I'm sure it was, it isn't now. This is an ASUS...
  10. How to stop keyboard from waking laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop keyboard from waking laptop: I normally know how to stop the keyboard from waking the laptop by going into Device Manager / Keyboard / Power Management. But to my great surprise, there is no Power Management to be found under keyboard. If it was there, and I'm sure it was, it isn't now. This is an ASUS...