Windows 10: How to watch YouTube on my external monitor and browse my laptop simultaneously

Discus and support How to watch YouTube on my external monitor and browse my laptop simultaneously in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've just moved to uni well a month ago and I brought a TV with me and just purchased a HDMI cable for £15 so I can watch sky football through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeMutique, Sep 8, 2020.

1. LeMutique Win User

How to watch YouTube on my external monitor and browse my laptop simultaneously

So I've just moved to uni well a month ago and I brought a TV with me and just purchased a HDMI cable for £15 so I can watch sky football through my TV. I've managed to get it working so what ever is on my screen shows on the TV but I was wondering if it was possible that I could set it up so I could watch the football on my TV and carry on using facebook/skype on my laptop without it showing in the TV?

:)

LeMutique, Sep 8, 2020

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2020
  3. AJMazza Win User
    Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Chrise Win User

Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to watch YouTube on my external monitor and browse my laptop simultaneously - Similar Threads - watch YouTube external

2. my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites: makes a buzzing sound, screen freezes and then crashes, first i thought it was my the ultimate mode on asus armory crate but even after i turned it off the issue persists...
  3. my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites: makes a buzzing sound, screen freezes and then crashes, first i thought it was my the ultimate mode on asus armory crate but even after i turned it off the issue persists...
  4. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  5. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  6. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  7. Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube: Hi, So Ive had this issue for a while. I have been watching videos on youtube only to then have my monitor completely shut off, i still hear the sounds playing then it comes back after a few seconds. I was lucky enough to get a 3080 and when i first got it i had this on...
  8. My Laptop Gets Hot While Browsing the Internet and Watching YouTube While Charging

My Laptop Gets Hot While Browsing the Internet and Watching YouTube While Charging: I have a low-budget Asus Laptop that has only 2GB RAM. Whenever I'm browsing the internet, I noticed that it gets hot. I also noticed that when I'm doing internet browsing like watching youtube while charging it gets hotter. Some of the keyboards in the left side are getting...
  9. Ethernet (No Internet) but i can browse, watch youtube, discord.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet (No Internet) but i can browse, watch youtube, discord.: The problem is my windows think that I have no internet connection, and because of this I can't update my windows it will stay at "pending download", I've tried the network reset method, still not working, and I can confirm that I can't open Microsoft Store or Windows Edge....
  10. BSOD watching youtube

BSOD watching youtube: Hello everyone. I have the blue screen problem (Dpc_watchdog_violation) only when I watch video on youtube. Not during video on VLC nor twich.tv... Only with youtube, and with every browser. I think I have all my driver up to date (but I can make a mistake, because my...