Windows 10: How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

Discus and support How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey. Hope I can explain this correctly. I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10. Previously when I used to open programs on my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AntJac, May 27, 2017.

1. AntJac Win User

How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

Hey. Hope I can explain this correctly. I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10. Previously when I used to open programs on my taskbar (say Firefox) the icon would stretch and the window would be open. Now when I click on the icon, the programs open but the icon stays square rather than stretch to a rectangular shape to indicate the program is open.

Can someone advise what I can do to change this? Many thanks

:)

AntJac, May 27, 2017

2. How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Original Titel: System tray widtn

How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Mark Cohrac, May 27, 2017
  3. Date and time

Right click on an empty area of the taskbar and select Properties. Under the Taskbar tab uncheck 'Use small taskbar buttons'. This will widen the whole taskbar but you will get a numerical date below the time, for example 5/6/2016.

laudablepus, May 27, 2017
  4. How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

TairikuOkami, May 27, 2017
  5. AntJac Win User
    I knew it would be something simple! Thank you ever so much.

Ps: Sidetrack here but is Edge supposed to be temperamental after a clean installation? I've had four Microsoft edge off.exe critical events in Reliability History and unsure why.

AntJac, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

1. How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Widen Open Program

2. how to widen sroll bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to widen sroll bar: How to widen scroll bar on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-widen-sroll-bar/ca4d9f3b-d431-4841-b10b-1337747ef16d
  3. how to widen sroll bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to widen sroll bar: How to widen scroll bar on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-widen-sroll-bar/ca4d9f3b-d431-4841-b10b-1337747ef16d
  4. how to widen sroll bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

Programs Not Opening from Taskbar: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen. I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  6. complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically

complete layer of taskbar has been widened vertically: My laptop window 10 home. The taskbar and the whole layer which usually stays down in laptop is now covering half of my pc screen...how to solve it....
  7. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  8. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  9. How to widen side slidebar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to widen side slidebar in Windows 10: How can I widen the right hand slide bar in windows 10. Thanks for help. 13076
  10. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

in Windows 10 Support
    How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??: @Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that. When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to widen the programs list in windows 10