Windows 10: How to Wild Card (*) delete hundreds of OneDrive files?

Discus and support How to Wild Card (*) delete hundreds of OneDrive files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I fell for a fake OneDrive update, and it doubled my Desktop Folders/Pictures/Documents files- The Duped files All have "Copy" added (see snips). In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by scottls59901, Sep 17, 2020.

1. How to Wild Card (*) delete hundreds of OneDrive files?

I fell for a fake OneDrive update, and it doubled my Desktop Folders/Pictures/Documents files-
    The Duped files All have "Copy" added (see snips).
    In the far past I deleted files by using something like *copy*.* ...
    Exactly how would I do something like that (Run as Admin, ...?)?
    BTW- I think I disabled OneDrive, but may have goofed it up?

:)

scottls59901, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Manjunath_H, Sep 17, 2020
  4. tabacun Win User

How to Wild Card (*) delete hundreds of OneDrive files?

remove wild tangent games in Windows 10

Hello again,

I created a local user account and performed the normal steps to try to delete the Wild Tangent games from my start menu, and it still doesn't work. To answer your questions, No, there are no error messages given; and no, this does not happen with other
    applications.

Any other suggestions?

tabacun, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

How to Wild Card (*) delete hundreds of OneDrive files?

1. How to Wild Card (*) delete hundreds of OneDrive files? - Similar Threads - Wild Card delete

2. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  3. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  4. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DELETING ONEDRIVE FROM EMMC CARD

DELETING ONEDRIVE FROM EMMC CARD: If I delete the entire OneDrive files from my EMMC card, will I still be able to access them online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-onedrive-from-emmc-card/e10d5e0b-a549-41d3-87ed-a4d58b31950b
  6. Why are all File Seaches not "Wild Card" searches?

Why are all File Seaches not "Wild Card" searches?: Something that has plagued me since I began using Windows 10 is how awful the file search function is. In EVERY case I use the file search function it is to locate a specific file within a singular folder with only a partial name, and each time I was mystified as to why it...
  7. Onedrive running wild

Onedrive running wild: I need help quick. I had a problem with my start menu, so I restored a Macrium backup. I started working on it to add back the features and updates that were missing when it was created, but all of a sudden I discovered many files in my the 60gb My Documents folder had been...
  8. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  9. How to delete files from OneDrive?

How to delete files from OneDrive?: I’d like to find out how I can delete the files and images from OneDrive via desktop without downloading them on the desktop first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-files-from-onedrive/ab5618e8-e471-4ebf-b300-de8e514af2fb"
  10. Deleting files in OneDrive

Deleting files in OneDrive: I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there...