Windows 10: how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!

Discus and support how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have read complicated ways to get windows in foreground. The easy answer is to set windows to open one at a time. Here's how: open File Explorer, go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wheeler81, May 14, 2022.

1. wheeler81 Win User

how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!

I have read complicated ways to get windows in foreground. The easy answer is to set windows to open one at a time. Here's how: open File Explorer, go to view and open options. When 'options' opens click on Change folders. When the dialog box opens, click General and then click on the first item: "open windows in its own folder". It helped me, I hope it meets you need.

:)

wheeler81, May 14, 2022
  2. yoyoma2 Win User

On-Screen Keyboard bug changes foreground window

This On-Screen Keyboard bug changes the current foreground window.

Steps:

1. Open Edge and notepad and maximize them (never minimize them)
    2. Select notepad by clicking on it in taskbar (it's now on top)
    3. Open the On-Screen Keyboard (in Windows Ease of access)
    4. Type a few characters into notepad with the On-Screen Keyboard
    5. Minimize the On-Screen Keyboard
    6. Select Edge by clicking on it in taskbar (it's now on top)
    7. Restore the On-Screen Keyboard by clicking on it in taskbar and use it to type into Edge
    Result:

Notepad is now on top

Expected result:

Edge remains on top i.e. the On-Screen Keyboard maintains the current foreground window in which you intended to type.

History:

This superuser Q&A contains links to this bug being reported in windows 8, windows 7 and claims it goes back 17 years to Windows XP.

Workarounds:

Kill the On-Screen Keyboard every time instead of minimizing it. The bug occurs because the On-Screen Keyboard fails to keep track of the current foreground window while minimized.

Patch out the SetForegroundWindow call from the On-Screen Keyboard binary as described in the superuser link above.

Wait 17 more years for Microsoft to fix it.

Tell user to stop being disabled.

yoyoma2, May 14, 2022
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2022
  4. Lars Gard Win User

An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?! - Similar Threads - Foreground simple

2. I drag my full-size *foreground* window to another screen, but it seems that if I drag the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I drag my full-size *foreground* window to another screen, but it seems that if I drag the...: I hope this is a bug, or someone please enlighten me on its purpose or how to fix this annoyance? People wouldn't even know what the background window was because they didn't know what it was. When have people ever wanted to drag a *background* window to another screen?...
  3. I drag my full-size *foreground* window to another screen, but it seems that if I drag the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I drag my full-size *foreground* window to another screen, but it seems that if I drag the...: I hope this is a bug, or someone please enlighten me on its purpose or how to fix this annoyance? People wouldn't even know what the background window was because they didn't know what it was. When have people ever wanted to drag a *background* window to another screen?...
  4. I drag my full-size *foreground* window to another screen, but it seems that if I drag the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan

why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan: why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-scan-window-stay-in-foreground-after/a96580c4-0806-41ef-8f60-0a68edc743af
  6. why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan: why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-scan-window-stay-in-foreground-after/a96580c4-0806-41ef-8f60-0a68edc743af
  7. why does the scan window stay in foreground after a scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. File Explorer moving from background to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer moving from background to foreground: I am an elementary school teacher and I will have the students open up file explorer to open a saved word document. Word is in the forground and file explorer is in the background.The students then close the laptop lid while awaiting my instructions. After instructions and...
  9. how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!

how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!: I have read complicated ways to get windows in foreground. The easy answer is to set windows to open one at a time. Here's how: open File Explorer, go to view and open options. When 'options' opens click on Change folders. When the dialog box opens, click General and then...
  10. how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!: I have read complicated ways to get windows in foreground. The easy answer is to set windows to open one at a time. Here's how: open File Explorer, go to view and open options. When 'options' opens click on Change folders. When the dialog box opens, click General and then...