Windows 10: How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data?

Discus and support How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, there seems to be various post on this subject but I am unable to find the answer I need. I have a Surface Pro 4 which I intend to sell and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinSullivan1, Mar 24, 2019.

1. How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data?

Hi,

there seems to be various post on this subject but I am unable to find the answer I need.

I have a Surface Pro 4 which I intend to sell and need to wipe all the perosnal data. There are clear instruction how to do this - but there is NO clarrification as to if this applies only to HDD or also to a SSD.

If an SSD is there any further steps needed?

Would appreciate a straight and clear answer!

:)

MartinSullivan1, Mar 24, 2019

2. URGENT: How to WIPE HDDs before Selling my PC

I have 2x 500gb HDDs in RAID 0 and 1x SSD with windows 7 installed on it.

Is there a way to completly WIPE my hard drives WITHIN windows (since windows is not on my HDDs but on my SSD?

What about my SSD?
    It's only got Windows 7 on it with NO personal data. Can I just sell my PC and keep my SSD as is ?
    Or should I wipe it as well?

Any EASY way to do this as I'm not an expert on Formatting and Wiping drives

jonathan1107, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data? :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data? :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 24, 2019
  4. HiTech_32 Win User

How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data?

How to safely wipe the SSD and HDD of my laptop at the same time?

Hi,

I would like to know which is the best tool for wiping of the SSD and the HDD of my laptop at the same time?

The Win 10 OS is installed on the SSD,and I would like to wipe it,but I would like to wipe and the HDD too!

Please tell me!
    Thanks to all in advance!
    Best regards!

HiTech_32, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data?

1. How to wipe an SSD Windows !0 Laptop of all Perosnal data? - Similar Threads - wipe SSD Laptop

2. HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe: I have an ancient HP Pavillion laptop that runs XP and I want to either donate or recycle it. I want to wipe the disks of all data before I get rid of it. Cannot find instructions that work. Any help is appreciated!...
  3. HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe: I have an ancient HP Pavillion laptop that runs XP and I want to either donate or recycle it. I want to wipe the disks of all data before I get rid of it. Cannot find instructions that work. Any help is appreciated!...
  4. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  5. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  6. PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data: Windows 10 updated and has completely wiped all apps, files, and history off my computer and i can not use mail or calendar apps. Every time i restart the PC it deletes all the history and bookmarks again, i have very limited knowledge and no idea where to start to fix this,...
  7. How to wipe ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to wipe ssd: Hey , so i have a odd problem. Mobo: asus rog strix x570i 1-ssd m.2- OS 1-ssd 2.5 sata 1-ssd m.2 I have another identical m.2 nvme that was the boot drive from another computer, but id like to wipe it and use it as a secondary drive. My problem is that every time i put it...
  8. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD: I recently added an SSD to my PC which already had a 2 TB HDD. Everything works perfectly fine, but I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto my SSD and use that as my boot drive and wipe all the current data from my HDD. I don't want to do data migration. How would I...
  10. Wipe data from stolen laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wipe data from stolen laptop?: Can anyone please help me.. How to wipe data from stolen laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-data-from-stolen-laptop/c7a07385-a330-4557-86f4-0bfb32d6a4ec"