Windows 10: How to wipe laptop before selling if I don't want to use USB or recovery?

Discus and support How to wipe laptop before selling if I don't want to use USB or recovery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have windows 10, but never did a recovery set up. And Im using my USB for files I need so unless I can just put windows iso on it and not remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DonDXP, Dec 10, 2019.

1. /u/DonDXP Win User

How to wipe laptop before selling if I don't want to use USB or recovery?

I have windows 10, but never did a recovery set up. And Im using my USB for files I need so unless I can just put windows iso on it and not remove those files Id rather not format. Whats the best way to reset windows for me?

submitted by /u/DonDXP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DonDXP, Dec 10, 2019
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Dec 10, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Dec 10, 2019
  4. How to wipe laptop before selling if I don't want to use USB or recovery?

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

How to wipe laptop before selling if I don't want to use USB or recovery?

1. How to wipe laptop before selling if I don't want to use USB or recovery? - Similar Threads - wipe laptop before

2. I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...: I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery instructions but it wants a reinstall disk before it starts cleaning anything. Where/how do I get a recovery disk? Or bypass this step?...
  3. I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...: I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery instructions but it wants a reinstall disk before it starts cleaning anything. Where/how do I get a recovery disk? Or bypass this step?...
  4. I want to wipe my Windows 10 PC clean before recycling it. I follow the recovery...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?: I completely wiped my pc for sale on ebay but, how do I check to make sure its all set for sale. I need to give my internet access which is ok but then I need to sign in....huh? any work arounds?...
  6. I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?

I reset windows 11 to sell my laptop. How do i check it before I sell it?: I completely wiped my pc for sale on ebay but, how do I check to make sure its all set for sale. I need to give my internet access which is ok but then I need to sign in....huh? any work arounds?...
  7. How to Safely Wipe an Android Phone before Selling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Safely Wipe an Android Phone before Selling?: Hello everyone,I hope this message finds you all well. I am planning to sell my old Android phone, and I want to make sure that all my personal data is completely and securely erased before I do so.I understand the importance of protecting personal information, and I've heard...
  8. How to Safely Wipe an Android Phone before Selling?

How to Safely Wipe an Android Phone before Selling?: Hello everyone,I hope this message finds you all well. I am planning to sell my old Android phone, and I want to make sure that all my personal data is completely and securely erased before I do so.I understand the importance of protecting personal information, and I've heard...
  9. Question about wiping laptop to sell later

Question about wiping laptop to sell later: I'm resetting my wife's old laptop so we can sell it. When the reset is complete, and Windows starts wanting me to add a name, location and all the other personalization stuff, is it possible to simply shut off the laptop at that time without entering any info like that? I...
  10. Run Windows Recovery before selling PC

Run Windows Recovery before selling PC: The laptop had windows 7 when I purchased it. I upgraded for free to Windows 10. Question: If I run "Recovery" -> "Remove everything" will I end up with Windows 7 or Windows 10? 95112