Windows 10: How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use

Discus and support How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I built a new computer recently, and would like additional storage on it, so I want to use the old hard drive from my former build as a secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CONTRON3OOO, Oct 14, 2019.

1. How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use

I built a new computer recently, and would like additional storage on it, so I want to use the old hard drive from my former build as a secondary drive. I already know it's compatible and how to install it. My question is: How can I wipe it completely so it's starting from scratch on my new computer as secondary drive?

Things to know:

My new SSD already has windows 10 pro and I've been using my new PC for about a month.

My old HDD still has everything including windows, but idk if it had any malware or virus that i would like to not carry over.

I've already backed up all the data I wish to save to One Drive.

I used the power supply from my old PC for my new one, so turning back on my old PC to do something, is not an option.

I hope someone can help me with this, Thanks!

:)

CONTRON3OOO, Oct 14, 2019
  2. lvr181 Win User

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Luke.C 98 Win User
    Old Windows partitions on a secondary hard drive.

I have recently upgraded the old 5400rpm hard drive in a PC to an ssd. The old hard drive would then be re purposed as a secondary hard drive for mass storage. Under disk management I can't delete the old partitions on there, I was just wondering whether
    they could be deleted.

Thanks to anyone in advance!

Luke.C 98, Oct 14, 2019
  4. How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use

How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use

1. How to wipe old hard drive for secondary use - Similar Threads - wipe old hard

2. Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use: Hello All,I am building a new PC, everything is new except I am keeping my old ssd and hdd. Windows 10 is currently installed on my ssd. Before I transfer everything over and do a fresh windows 11 install, the plan was to backup and save data on a usb, then deactivate...
  3. Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use: Hello All,I am building a new PC, everything is new except I am keeping my old ssd and hdd. Windows 10 is currently installed on my ssd. Before I transfer everything over and do a fresh windows 11 install, the plan was to backup and save data on a usb, then deactivate...
  4. Re-using old drives, how to wipe and re-use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  6. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  7. How to wipe the hard drive?

How to wipe the hard drive?: I have tried to wipe the computer to give it away , three times. It always says nothing has been done *original title: after hours of waiting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wipe-the-hard-drive/d46ef778-9626-47e2-9905-97240b712b4a
  8. using old hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using old hard drives: I have two 500 gb ssd's on my old pc that I used for file storage and games. Can I take those out of my old pc and hook them up in my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-old-hard-drives/2db83d2f-0c2c-4d23-80e5-623fbc526676"
  9. How to wipe a hard drive clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to wipe a hard drive clean?: Hey there mates. I'm currently in the process of building a new computer and am aiming to nuke my old hard drive due to the fact that I'll be using it as a sort of secondary drive for the bulk of items, but I'll be using a new SSD as the drive that contains the OS. On top...
  10. How to use secondary hard drive?

How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i wipe my secondary drive

2. how to wipe drive on secondary drive windows 10

3. wipe old hard drive to use on new pc

4. wipe secondary hard drive for system clone