Windows 10: How to Wipe Only C drive and resintall OS?

Discus and support How to Wipe Only C drive and resintall OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop became a bit slow and explorer crashes often. So, to clean install, I am guessing "Reset this PC" should work. There are 2 options "Keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akhyll, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Akhyll Win User

How to Wipe Only C drive and resintall OS?

Hi, my laptop became a bit slow and explorer crashes often. So, to clean install, I am guessing "Reset this PC" should work.
    There are 2 options "Keep my files" and "remove everything". I have partitioned the hard drive space it to 4 local disks and installed windows 10 on C drive. I want only C drive to be cleaned and rest of the disks data to be intact. Which option to choose?

Additional Info: My laptop came with Windows 8 and I upgraded to W10. So I am hoping this reset option wouldn't mess with activation.

:)

Akhyll, Feb 9, 2016

2. Phone switched off and won't boot again

WIll the hard reset wipe both C: and E: drives on the phone? (the Belle upgrade only wiped C: as far as I know). If it wipes E: I have to download all maps and restore all my images and music too :-( Why does things like this happend :-( Arrggg. Why did
    I install that Belle update. Only had trouble after that :-(

LarsErik---01, Feb 9, 2016
  3. peterh338 Win User
    FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE - does it ever actually fix anything?

How does one do that?

Most apps don't offer the choice. You can install in c: or e: only.

And if you install them on microSD card, and then wipe the phone, how do you get the icons and all the app config back? Does a Symbian phone scan all drives at startup, looking for installed apps, and creates the icons dynamically? I don't think so because
    the icon arrangement is stored on c: and that will be wiped.

peterh338, Feb 9, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

The very next dialog after the "Keep my files" or "Remove everything" asks if you want to remove the content of all drives or just the Windows system drive C:. See the tutorial: Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums, Option Two steps 5 & 6.

Kari, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. How to Wipe Only C drive and resintall OS? - Similar Threads - Wipe drive resintall

2. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  3. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  4. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Updates, TPM, Wiped OS Drive

Windows Updates, TPM, Wiped OS Drive: Hi,I work with system integrators to do tech support. Since Mid-March I have had an influx of tickets with the following issue and I kid you not, they all come in after the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of every month. Like clock work now I know I am going to get at least ONE, if not...
  6. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  7. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  8. Windows 10 C drive wiped

9. Help!! How to wipe a second hard drive with different OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help!! How to wipe a second hard drive with different OS: Hi, I have a question... I have a pc and it has two hard drives, one has Ubuntu on it (the main hard drive with most storage) however it doesn’t boot properly due to kernel panic most times i boot it up. Regardless I unplugged this drive and installed windows 10 onto the...
  10. Windows activation c drive wiped

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation c drive wiped: I wiped my c drive and reinstalled windows now i don't have an activated windows, on my account when i go to recover the key it says i already reactivated the key but i never did. I orignally bought a prebuilt refurbished dell optiplex 3010 and the only thing from that in...