Windows 10: How to wipe Win10 Clean?

Discus and support How to wipe Win10 Clean? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how to wipe windows 10 clean due to the errors I've been getting recently, I've tried doing the tutorials but the settings app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dank, May 6, 2016.

1. Dank Win User

How to wipe Win10 Clean?

Hi, I would like to know how to wipe windows 10 clean due to the errors I've been getting recently, I've tried doing the tutorials but the settings app will not open. So is there any other way to wipe the computer clean? it would be appreciated if someone could help.

:)

Dank, May 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 Won't Boot After Update

Tell us more about that (e.g., when & why did you wipe the HDD; how did you "go back to windows 8;' how did you upgrade to win10 again; what Win10 version & build is currently installed)?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 6, 2016
  3. Re-install Win10

Understand that but I have a lot of junk on that SSD land want to get rid of all of it and start over. If I wipe the SSD then I am not restoring win10, I am starting all over again.

If I wipe that drive - therefore having nothing on the computer at that point - can I use the media restore tool on the USB to boot from and then re-download win10? Will win10 recognize that I had win 8.1 on the computer after I wipe the SSD and therefore
    allow me to download a fresh win10?

jbrown1000, May 6, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

How to wipe Win10 Clean?

davidhk, May 6, 2016
  5. Dank Win User
    No, I mean getting rid of ALL files. Without re-installing win10.

Dank, May 6, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    Are you using a mechanical hard drive or an SSD? Also, are you planning on reusing the drive or are you selling it or the computer? Do you have more than on operating system installed right now?

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to wipe Win10 Clean?

1. How to wipe Win10 Clean? - Similar Threads - wipe Win10 Clean

2. Wipe clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe clean: I want to give my windows notebook to a niece. How do I wipe it clean. I have my files on a disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-clean/daf4dea4-f966-4641-8c71-843ae9d06578
  3. Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe

Reinstalling and Activating Win10 after Wipe: Hello, I'd like to kindly ask HOW (if possible with steps) to Reinstall AND Re-activate Windows10 after I have wiped completely (not just format) my PC. My question is not so much the installing process as to how to get an activated version back again running WHEN my...
  4. windows 10 update wiped laptop clean

windows 10 update wiped laptop clean: how is it that your latest window 10 update can totally wipe all my documents, data ,photos, videos, even stuff stored in the cloud?? after quick research it appears this has been happening since 2017 and still in 2019. Also why did my system revert to US. format I pay a lot...
  5. how to wipe my windows smarttab clean to return it to manufacturer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to wipe my windows smarttab clean to return it to manufacturer: i am returning my device how do i wipe it clean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wipe-my-windows-smarttab-clean-to-return-it/ac92de00-0328-419f-b51c-d7f8386f8c42"
  6. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....
  7. how can I wipe my SSD clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I wipe my SSD clean?: On my computer, I have an SSD that was originally for a Vista computer. I'd like to wipe it clean to either toss it out or save it for future use. However is it a good idea to save it for future use? --- Do modern SSD's have better technology and performance? Either way,...
  8. How to wipe a hard drive clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to wipe a hard drive clean?: Hey there mates. I'm currently in the process of building a new computer and am aiming to nuke my old hard drive due to the fact that I'll be using it as a sort of secondary drive for the bulk of items, but I'll be using a new SSD as the drive that contains the OS. On top...
  9. Had to Wipe the drive clean

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Wipe the drive clean: I had an interesting experience. We had a power failure so Windows 10 did not shut down properly. No big deal, right? It's happened to us all. Just restart as always, and it will correct itself. Nope. It would not restart, it kept saying errors. I had to wipe out...
  10. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...