Windows 10: how to work on a file from one computer to another

Discus and support how to work on a file from one computer to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I work on the same files on two computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjw3, Nov 5, 2018.

1. sjw3 Win User

how to work on a file from one computer to another

How do I work on the same files on two computers

:)

sjw3, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 5, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile how to work on a file from one computer to another :)

jaydeee, Nov 5, 2018
  4. how to work on a file from one computer to another

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

how to work on a file from one computer to another

1. how to work on a file from one computer to another - Similar Threads - file computer another

2. How to copy a file from one server to another ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy a file from one server to another ?: Hello, I have a basic question of how to copy a file in one server to another server that I need your help?For example , I have this file in my server : test-myserver-sql1C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\dtutil.exeAnd I want to copy it to my second server :...
  3. How to copy a file from one server to another ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy a file from one server to another ?: Hello, I have a basic question of how to copy a file in one server to another server that I need your help?For example , I have this file in my server : test-myserver-sql1C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\dtutil.exeAnd I want to copy it to my second server :...
  4. How to copy a file from one server to another ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Logging in from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in from one computer to another: I keep trying to log in to my laptop from another computer. I keep getting the following message "The user name or password is incorrect". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-in-from-one-computer-to-another/6fd340dc-11de-4458-bca9-24fa0d81addc
  6. Logging in from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging in from one computer to another: I keep trying to log in to my laptop from another computer. I keep getting the following message "The user name or password is incorrect". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-in-from-one-computer-to-another/6fd340dc-11de-4458-bca9-24fa0d81addc
  7. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  8. this file is from another computer.....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this file is from another computer.....: I have this problem, when I check the properties of most of the files on my pc, this message appears at the bottom: "this file is from another computer and could be locked to help protect this computer", I don't want my files to be damage or worse, get lost, please hope...
  9. Transferring files from one computer to another over a network.

Transferring files from one computer to another over a network.: I've spent days trying to transfer files from one computer to another on my network. I can see the source computer on the destination computer, but when I click on it, it asks for "network credentials". What is that?, and how do I find out what it is? I've tried following...
  10. how to transfer friles from one computer to another

how to transfer friles from one computer to another: how do you transfer files between computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-friles-from-one-computer-to/14e730d9-e31e-43e7-9f27-480fe4c35435"