Windows 10: How to work on computer while video is playing in extend window without video stopping

Discus and support How to work on computer while video is playing in extend window without video stopping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I extend my screen to play a video, I have a you tube video playing-when I try to check my mail or browse a website-the video stops. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by d178, Jan 20, 2021.

1. d178 Win User

How to work on computer while video is playing in extend window without video stopping

When I extend my screen to play a video, I have a you tube video playing-when I try to check my mail or browse a website-the video stops. How do I change that setting to work on my computer and the YouTube video play on extended screen?

:)

2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    My videos will not play.

Hi DayleGoldberg!

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio and Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing Audio and Video Playback.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.

2. Type in devmgmt.msc and click on Ok.

3. Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.

4. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

For other solutions you may try the steps provided on this link:

https://windowsreport.com/video-not-playing-win...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope the above information helps.

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Jan 20, 2021
  4. How to work on computer while video is playing in extend window without video stopping

Windows 10 videos won't play

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please follow the below methods and check,

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Also refer the link below on Why wont videos play in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Please reply us back if you have any further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

How to work on computer while video is playing in extend window without video stopping

1. How to work on computer while video is playing in extend window without video stopping - Similar Threads - computer while video

2. Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing: my system is:Windows 11 Pro, 22621.1635 22H2Asus Crosshair VIII darkhero MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5800XNvidia RTX 3070ti & GT 1030RAM 32GBnon-OCTimeline1. YouTube video is freezing2. Tried HW Accerlation OFF -> Not Solved3. GPU Driver Update -> Not Solved4. Twitch stream video is...
  3. Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing: my system is:Windows 11 Pro, 22621.1635 22H2Asus Crosshair VIII darkhero MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5800XNvidia RTX 3070ti & GT 1030RAM 32GBnon-OCTimeline1. YouTube video is freezing2. Tried HW Accerlation OFF -> Not Solved3. GPU Driver Update -> Not Solved4. Twitch stream video is...
  4. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  5. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  6. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Video suddenly stops playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  8. video's will randomly stop playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  9. video stutters while playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    video stutters while playing: My completely new laptop Surface Pro doesn’t want to play video files properly. It looks like the video file starts to shutters and is played at 0.25x speed. This occurs once in a while and the only thing I can do to solve the problem is to restart the laptop....
  10. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...