Windows 10: How to write in lmhosts in Windows 10

Discus and support How to write in lmhosts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I wish to write in lmhosts to enter the IP adress and name of the computers I wish to map disks to... I know the syntax (typically IP adress -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bornival, May 10, 2019.

1. bornival Win User

How to write in lmhosts in Windows 10

Hi,

I wish to write in lmhosts to enter the IP adress and name of the computers I wish to map disks to...

I know the syntax (typically IP adress - name #PRE) and I have done it for WinXP and Win7...

My problem is that when I open the lmhosts file (with NotePad started as an administrator), enter the necessary information and try to save the file, I get the following message:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".

How can I write in lmhosts ?

:)

bornival, May 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 10, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to write in lmhosts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - write lmhosts

2. how to remove a write protection on a usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a write protection on a usb drive: How to remove a write protection on a usb drive. I downloaded disk drill which was linked to Microsoft to recover a deleted file on a USB. After I uninstalled disk drill, the USB is written-protected. What could be down to remove written protection on this USB.ThanksSusie...
  3. how to remove a write protection on a usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a write protection on a usb drive: How to remove a write protection on a usb drive. I downloaded disk drill which was linked to Microsoft to recover a deleted file on a USB. After I uninstalled disk drill, the USB is written-protected. What could be down to remove written protection on this USB.ThanksSusie...
  4. how to remove a write protection on a usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted: For some reason my post got deleted and I don't understand the reason behind ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-get-attempted-to-write-to-read-only-memory/3f8db31b-d5f3-4b77-bf5b-9b9ba9998f6fI'm having serious problems with my Windows...
  6. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted: For some reason my post got deleted and I don't understand the reason behind ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-get-attempted-to-write-to-read-only-memory/3f8db31b-d5f3-4b77-bf5b-9b9ba9998f6fI'm having serious problems with my Windows...
  7. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted

8. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer: When I boot my computer, I can use it for some time and then out of nowhere, I receive a blue screen with Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory error. I've tried a safe mode with networking but each time I try it I get another blue screen with system thread exception not...
  9. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer

I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer: When I boot my computer, I can use it for some time and then out of nowhere, I receive a blue screen with Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory error. I've tried a safe mode with networking but each time I try it I get another blue screen with system thread exception not...
  10. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to write a lmhosts file

2. lmhosts windows 10

3. lmhosts lookup windows 10