Windows 10: How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell

Discus and support How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Simple question: how do you stop a scan started with the Start-MpScan -ScanType Full PowerShell command?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob Nicholson Malt, May 10, 2023.

1. How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell

Simple question: how do you stop a scan started with the Start-MpScan -ScanType Full PowerShell command?

:)

Rob Nicholson Malt, May 10, 2023
  2. Mark Isi Win User

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, May 10, 2023
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 10, 2023
  4. avemaria Win User

How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, May 10, 2023
Thema:

How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell

1. How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell - Similar Threads - cancel full Defender

2. How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell: Simple question: how do you stop a scan started with the Start-MpScan -ScanType Full PowerShell command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-you-cancel-a-full-windows-defender-scan/c5a28204-8c67-45fc-8f88-7eab29276ec6
  3. How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to you cancel a full Windows Defender scan started with PowerShell: Simple question: how do you stop a scan started with the Start-MpScan -ScanType Full PowerShell command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-you-cancel-a-full-windows-defender-scan/c5a28204-8c67-45fc-8f88-7eab29276ec6
  4. Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled: Host machine perform Full Scan.Client was able to show host name on CMD and screen shot of Virus & threat protection.Microsoft defender shows "Windows Defender Antivirus scan cancelled" each time . No current threat Last scan: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm full scan0 threat foundScan...
  5. Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled: Host machine perform Full Scan.Client was able to show host name on CMD and screen shot of Virus & threat protection.Microsoft defender shows "Windows Defender Antivirus scan cancelled" each time . No current threat Last scan: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm full scan0 threat foundScan...
  6. Full scan was perform but Microsoft 365 defender show antivirus scan cancelled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  8. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  9. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...
  10. how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?

how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?: Is there a way to have real-time protection of WD, but without the automatic scans? 52486